Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy Hunger Games, Saturday & Taco Bites!

Hello - happy Saturday! I hope you're all having great weekends. Ours is super chill and relaxing - no obligations makes me a very happy girl! I had a pretty good week overall - got in good workouts, including a strength training class on Wednesday morning which I really enjoyed. Thursday I took an off day from working out, and Friday I intended to work out but it didn't happen - ended up working through lunch and after work I had a movie to see with Stacy, Amanda & Ali - The Hunger Games! I just loved it. I checked the blog to see when I'd read the book last - December 2008 - crazy! Then the second in October 2009 and the third in December 2010. I enjoyed the all, but loved the first the most. I thought they did a wonderful job telling the story. Yes, some pieces were left out and slightly distorted, but for the most part I believed it and enjoyed seeing the Capital, Katniss and District 12, feeling how truly scary and sad The Hunger Games were, etc. - great adaptation! I remember first hearing that Jennifer Lawrence would be playing Katniss and I was like what?! She's blonde. Total crap. But she did a great job and I believed her in the role!

Today I woke up early and got to work on finding some new recipes! Then it was off for Starbucks, the grocery store and a bit of cooking. Here's one of our newest favorites:
Taco Bites
Makes 4 Servings
Recipe adapted from Emily Bites

Nutritional Information per serving (3): 435 calories, 49 carbs, 7 fat grams and 41 protein grams.
Great little guys! Loved the crunchiness and the idea that I get 3! I will say that the chicken/bean mixture fills up those cups, so definitely consider  using half of the beans, which would take down the calories, too! I thought it was plenty of cheese, loved the layers of the bits of salsa and the guacamole topper was perfect! I'll definitely make these again, too easy not too, and am still loving those wonton wrappers! Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

We also had a fun surprise today: my sister, Zach and baby Dane came by! Loved seeing that happy baby - such a cutie. He's grown up so fast - it's crazy - already toddling around when I swear he should still be a baby! Now i'm just chilling and reading your blogs and while catching up on Once Upon a Time - it has become such a favorite of mine!

Q: What's your favorite new TV show? I'm loving this one, and I just started watching Missing, too - pretty good! (only 3 episodes in). And i'm LOVING Smash.


Q: Hunger Games fan? I'm so glad my mom introduced me to this awesome series - I loved reading it and am already excited for the next film.

No comments: