Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Haps, Baja Pork Stirfry!

OMG - it's been over a week since I've posted. First time in Fitting Back In history. True story. Even when I was in like the Dominican Republic I managed to get a post out each day. EEK. Why? Why so absent? Well, friends - so many things! In a nutshell:
  • Work is insane. Yes, still insane. OMG, I'm drowning, please send me a box of thin mints.
  • Goals are going decent... and by decent I mean slightly poorly. Okay fine - i'm below par! There. Are you happy?!
  • Working out has become less of a priority, which is unfortunate, especially since said thin mints seem to be everywhere ...including on my ass and factoring in to the number on the scale. Shizzzz!
  • Austin has been traveling. He left last Sunday and didn't return until Friday. Needless to say, the week sucked without him, I worked too much, didn't sleep much, and then of course when he got back I wanted to hang/catch up and NOT work or blog. I did the former, not the latter. Ugh.
No, it hasn't all been crappy!
  • I got in a couple workouts last week, just not enough hard cardio which I think makes my endorphins go up and makes me happier. The lack of the aforementinoed endorphins was noted (i'm SURE by just me though...)
  • I got in a girl's night! Melissa came over Thursday night and kept me company AKA drank a few beers in the backyard with me. Yay!
  • I got in a chill/family night! Friday night me and Austin did nothing but eat dinner, curl up and watch a movie with the puppers, who were SO dang happy to see him!
  • I got in a charity gala! Saturday night me and Austin went to a charity gala for the Foster Care Support Foundation at the Westin in Buckhead. Such a nice event, had a fun silent auction  I got really competitive with and it was fun to hang out with some of my favorite co-workers on the community relations team, while supporting a great cause.
  • I got in a cooking day! I spent Sunday in the kitch making yummies like this new recipe:
Baja Pork Stir Fry
Recipe Adapted from Dinners for a Year and Beyond/Cooking Light
Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): 359 calories, 42 carbs, 7 fat grams and 30 protein grams.
Review: So fresh and spicy! Loved all of the veggies and the chicken stock mixture really added a nice blend. The jalapeno was spicy, but tamed by the chicken stock, and I loved the cilantro combined with the pork. Overall, great, easy recipe ready under 20 (especially easy if you have a food processor!). Could do with or without the rice – for Paleo peeps- just leave the rice out and make it 2 or 3 servings! Check out the recipe here!

And in case you missed the fabulous flautas - check them out here!


Q: So, pray tell, what has been going on in your world?! Top highlight?!


Q: What's ONE tip you have for getting in your workouts no. matter. what.?!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I've been on spring break (thank goodness for being a teacher!) this week so I've not been doing much. I did have a birthday yesterday, so that's been fun :) Glad you're back!

Trent R said...

Loved reading tthis thank you