Monday, May 11, 2009

Days 248, 249 and 250: New Recipe, Sink Situation, Unleashed, Lake Trip and Lots of Eating Out – eek!

So Friday was pretty stressful… not gonna lie. I was just SO upset with the granite people and had a lot of work to do. Argh! They just kept making silly offers but whenever we said then put us on the books or whatever they would say well now, let’s see what we can do. Arggghhh! We ended it around 4:30 p.m. Friday with we’ll settle Saturday – let us use it/spend time with it and see what we think… Here’s the pics – do you think it looks weird/backwards or fine??!









After work me and Stacy walked 4 miles, then I raced home, showered and went to meet Scott and Mary at a Lebanese restaurant! It was so fun! The food was fab (yummy hummus and wraps!) and it was like a club and they had a belly dancer and it was just so fun and different! I had a couple of Lebanese beers (couldn’t find calorie info haha!) and a great time. We left around midnight, went home and passed out! I ended up at 1,664 calories, 201 carbs and 41 fat grams. Not bad!! (hard to add up stuff when you go out though!) Here’s what I ate.

Saturday I woke up early feeling awful again. Stupid outdoor allergies. I tried to get through it though and immediately got to work researching kennels for Reuben. We’ve never had to board him before, but we have a lot of weekends coming up and I wanted to make sure no matter what he had a place he liked that he could spend time at. We got ready and got Reuben ready and the 3 of us headed out in the convertible with the GPS to 4 places. All were those doggy daycare ‘small dog area’ during the day then private boarding at night. We went. We saw. And we loved Unleashed!


The people were so nice and really made us feel good about leaving pupper there. We even did a ‘temperament test’ and left him there for an hour and a half or so and his report card was glowing! So cute! I wish they had pics online- ADORABLE place! Afterwards we swung by a Toyota place to look at FJ Cruisers – I think I’ve decided I want this to be my next vehicle.

The guy sucked and they didn’t have any on the lot that I liked so we’ll see. I wouldn’t get it until later this year anyway! When we got home we met Austin’s brother at the house – straight back from his freshman year at UGA! And of course I made a new recipe for lunch!! For The Love of Cooking’s Farfalle with Chicken Sausage, Mushrooms, Grape Tomatoes and Feta

2 tsp olive oil
4 tbsp yellow onions, diced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
4 garlic and herb chicken sausages, chopped into ½” pieces
2 tbsp yellow baby bell peppers, diced
2 tbsp red bell peppers, diced
10 grape tomatoes, cut in half
Handful of baby spinach leaves (about 20)
5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1.5 oz. fat-free feta cheese
4 oz. farfalle, cooked per instructions (in boiled water for 12 minutes)
Salt and pepper to taste
Spray large, deep pan with olive oil flavored cooking spray, and set a pot of water to boil. Drop in ½ teaspoon of olive oil in pan over medium heat. Once hot, add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Season with salt and set aside on a plate. Add ½ teaspoon of olive oil to the same skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add mushrooms. Stir for 3-4 minutes, then season with salt and add minced garlic, stirring constantly for 60 seconds. Set aside on same plate as onions. Add dry pasta to boiling water for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. While pasta cooks, add sausage to skillet over medium heat and cook until brown, about 6-7 minutes then add mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, bell peppers and spinach to pan. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over mixture. Cook over medium heat until tomatoes are soft and spinach is slightly wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Drain pasta and add to skillet along with basil and feta cheese. Stir, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well for 1-2 minutes then serve. Makes 2 servings.

We LOVED it – so light! We even think it would taste good cold as a pasta salad. This will definitely be one we take for lunch and we think it will become a family favorite! It came out to 495 calories, 54 carbs and 17 fat grams! So a little high on fat – but I’m ALWAYS low so this will be good for me!

Later me, Austin and his brother headed out to buy gifts for peeps and got some frozen yogurt, and I spray painted a wicker chair black for a guest room. Then we showered and met up with Austin’s parents and other brother! The 6 of us went to dinner and visited, then his brothers stayed over with us. Good times! I drank a lot though over the course of the afternoon, dinner, etc. and eating out didn’t help – boo – I ended up at 2,093 calories, 262 carbs and 44 fat grams. Not too bad, but not too good! Here’s what I ate. Sunday we got up and headed to family day at the late to celebrate Austin’s grandmother’s birthday, mother’s day and his cousin’s graduation. Big day! The water was too cold, but it was nice get out on the water and spend time outside. My allergies got BAD though on the way home and I felt sick all night. Boo. I ate bad again, too – this weekend was just HARD with out to eat lunch AND dinner on Friday, out Saturday, and out Sunday! :( I ended up at 1,853 calories, 276 carbs and 48 fat grams. Eek. I was SO BEAT. I just laid in bed and watched Monday’s Castle (good!), Desperate Housewives (love it!! Orson is kinda scary…) and part of Brothers & Sisters. Passed out. Here’s what I ate….. lots of random stuff.
So all in all it was definitely a fun weekend, but I ate WAY too many random snacks (sour patch kids, cheese, hershey bar, etc.). When I don't feel good i'll eat anything - hungry or not just FEED ME. I hate that. I also didn't get in that last 3 miles I needed to OR all of my ST. That's okay - the good thing is that I DID get in 22 miles last week and all I can do now is do better this week and focus on avoiding eating just to eat and overindulging. It always makes me feel crappy. :(
I hope you guys all had great Mother's Day weekends! And I hope your Monday's FLY by - i'm ready to be home already!

8 comments:

Mica said...

Considering all the eating out and your BUSY weekend, I think you did really well.

And I didn't really notice the backwards granite until I looked for it, but on the other hand...I might say that you should stick to your guns and ask them to fix it. After all, it is YOUR house, and THEY messed it up. Unless they offer to make a house payment or something really good, I'd say tell them to get their butts over there and fix it.

Big Pissy said...

Super busy weekend! I'm glad you found a place for Reuben....that makes me feel better. I worry about my little buddy. :)

Kel....if you're not happy with the granite you should make them fix it. After all~it was THEIR mistake~not YOURS. Or like Mica said: they can make a house payment. In the end: why should you save them money for something they totally f'd up???

fittingbackin said...

Mica: Thanks!! There was just food EVERYWHERE - it was like out of nowhere - food, food, food! haha

Yeah - I mean lots of peeps do it with the big side on the left or right - I just wanted mine on the left so the 4 faucet pieces could line up on the right. My main concern is the sprayer being off by itself... I just worry it will look weird. But Austin likes it and I worry about having them back out... I dunno. I just feel like i'm between a rock and hard place??!

PissY; It WAS. Oh i know - i love it! I'll take pics of it next time we go there - it's too cute! I know, that's how I feel, too, then i'm like do I even want them back in my house?? I just want it to be over! I'm so conflicted. Argh!! And, between us, I really do like the end result... even if it wasn't what I originally asked for. Sigh.

Big Pissy said...

Then if you're happy with it~just let it go. I know you'll get a good settlement from them (lord knows they OWE you one) and be done with it. :)

Jen said...

Hmm, definitely say something if you're dissatisfied with their work. (I actually didn't notice it looking backwards though, but I'm only seeing pictures, after all.) The pasta looks incredible, and I have almost all of the ingredients, so I might just have to cook up something similar soon because it sounds majorly delish. :)

Nerd Girl said...

sounds like a fun weekend!! i think you did really well with the eating given the fact that you were eating out so much! you did much better than i would have!!

to answer your question..the mix is a class at my gym where the instructor basically decides to do whatever she feels like....last week it was a step class for the most part.. and this week we did a lot of kickboxing. It is really fun and she makes us do lots of jumps which ALWAYS tire me out!

Nerd Girl said...

sounds like a fun weekend!! i think you did really well with the eating given the fact that you were eating out so much! you did much better than i would have!!

to answer your question..the mix is a class at my gym where the instructor basically decides to do whatever she feels like....last week it was a step class for the most part.. and this week we did a lot of kickboxing. It is really fun and she makes us do lots of jumps which ALWAYS tire me out!

Jen said...

Hmm, definitely say something if you're dissatisfied with their work. (I actually didn't notice it looking backwards though, but I'm only seeing pictures, after all.) The pasta looks incredible, and I have almost all of the ingredients, so I might just have to cook up something similar soon because it sounds majorly delish. :)