Thursday, March 24, 2011

Book Review, New Meatless Pizza

YOU GUYS ARE SO SWEET! Thanks for your comments on my exciting 'I'M AN AUNT' news. Eeeeee! I really appreciate your kind words - I'm SO excited and happy for the little family. :) Yesterday was a pretty great day! Yes, I was exhausted from staying out too late/not getting enough sleep, but I got a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte. Cured! Yes, I had to be in Acworth (AKA BFE) at 9 a.m., but I got to see Jenn and visit and tell her all about Dane. Yes, it took me 40 minutes round trip in lunch time traffic, to spend what was left of my lunch break at the hospital, but I got to see Dane and his happy family - I even got to hold the little chunk of love again!!! So all in all, WONDERFUL DAY. After work, I headed straight for the gym to get my spin on - after the 56-minute spin class, my HRM said: 462 calories; 53 fitness minutes/3 fat-burning minutes; average HR: 155; maximum HR: 177. Then it was home to the fam, dinner with Austin, pupper time and time spent reading my book club book! Other things to share - new recipe!

Black Bean Pizza
Recipe adapted from Fitness Magazine
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 419 calories, 73 carbs, 6 fat grams and 19 protein grams.

whole pizza
Check out the newest addition to my meatless recipes at Healthified Kitchen!

And lastly, I have a book review to share: Jennifer Weiner's The Guy Not Taken is a series of short stories, told in chronological order by age, but with different characters, scenarios and perspectives. I enjoyed it. Yes, some stories were better than others as some were just easier to relate to from my perspective. Most were centered around women, and highlighted their relationships, scars and/or abandonment issues. I liked how easy it was to get into. If anything, I felt like some of the stories could have been novels of their own and I was sad to see them end. Some seemed random though! All in all, I give it a 4/5. I love Jennifer's writing style and was fascinated by a few of the stories (The Guy Not Taken, The Mother's Hour and Buyer's Market). Some, again, I wasn't that into, and that's why it's not a 5/5! I do think I like the 'short story' idea - especially for the car/audio books!

Q: Have you ever read any Jennifer Weiner books? Good in Bed was always my favorite - I still need to get my hands on her newer ones Best Friends Forever and Fly Away Home.

Q: Bean Pizza - yay or nay? Yes, it's pretty carb-tastic, but it's also pretty fantastic! :)

1 comment:

Heather (Where's the Beach) said...

I usually like her books, but they do have a similar undertone to them that can get annoying time after time (or in my opinion). Love the idea of the black beans on the pizza.