Saturday, March 26, 2011

New Flipflops, Would You Rather, New Meatless Pasta Recipe

Hey! I know - I've been a bad blogger - eek! I have SO much reading to catch up on - I can't wait! And thanks for your comments on the new blog look - it was time for a spring-time refresh!! To backtrack real quick. Thursday was just work, work, work. No lunch break, and after work I cooked instead of working out, then me and Austin headed to the hospital to have dinner with the new parents - my sis and bro-in-law! We visited with them, had dinner, and chilled out at the hospital until 10, then it was time to get home and go to bed! Friday was more work! I got a short lunch break, so I ran to the bank and hit up DSW for some cozy flip flops. I got these:


DSW listed these Merrell's for $60. I had a coupon for $20 off when you spend $50. AND I had a $10 reward card SO, they cost me $30. WOO. I keep finding them online for $70! They feel fabulous. I then worked more and headed straight home with an upset tummy. No workouts - BOO. Instead we just had family night, played some cornhole, chased the pups around then went to sleep! I will say that I got THREE packages on Friday - VERY exciting! I'll post about them tomorrow. In the meantime, what do you think about this? My latest Fitness Magazine asked: Would you rather...

A: Exercise every day but eat whatever you want? OR
B: Diet every day but never have to work out?

71% of people chose A. Would would you choose? I found this to be SUCH a hard question. I don't want to work out every day. I also don't want to "diet" every day (I hate that word, but that's another post!). That's the reason why I watch what I eat most of the time and work out most of the time. The end. This 'either/or' just drove me up the wall, and I know people who subscribe 100% to these! If I HAD to choose, I guess i'd say A because it would be more realistic for me to maintain, and I'd hate to give up exercise - it just makes me feel too good afterwards to drop it!

Other "deep thoughts" this week:
  • Why are pine nuts so expensive? $8. Really? Why???
  • It's so much easier to find a vegetarian 'side' than a vegetarian 'meal.' Annoying.
  • Why are cable providers such a necessary evil? The end.
And last but not least, another meatless recipe!

Lemon Basil Pasta
Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Gardens
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 409 calories, 71 carbs, 10 fat grams and 15 protein grams.


Q: Do you have any Merrells? I have one other pair but no flipflops - could never stomach spending that much but half off? Sure!

Q: What are you doing today? I'm in bed enjoying the rainy day post a spin class + trip to the grocery store!

No comments: