Friday, March 18, 2011

Roasted Vegetable Lasagna, Dance Central, Book Review

Thanks you guys! I love the dresses - so happy with them. Have GOT to take that one to get altered though! And for any who asked about my HRM and missed it, here is the info. Yesterday was a pretty chill day. I just got up early, worked from home all morning. Took my lunch break to play dance central for one hour. My friend Teresa suggested I try it with an HRM on. I mean, you REALLY work up a sweat, especially on dances classified as 'hard' (if you know the dance and can do it "full out"). I gave it a whirl. HRM said: 372 calories in 62 minutes; 42 fat-burning minutes and 20 fitness minutes; average HR: 129; maximum HR: 161. WOW. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was sweating and doing back to back fast songs (yes, me in my PJs dancing back to back to rump shaker, just dance, soldja boy, etc.). I was definitely sweating for REAL!

Other than that, I've just been making (and eating!) more meatless recipes. Here is my newest one!

Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
Recipe adapted from a For the Love of Cooking recipe and a Self Magazine recipe
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional information: 423 calories, 48 carbs, 13 fat grams and 29 protein grams.

Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen! The next meatless ones on my list are: Pasta Breakfast Pie, Lemon Basil Pasta, Scrambled Egg Stromboli, Pasta & Red Bean Toss, Black Bean Pizza and Arugula Pesto Chicken Pasta.

Other than work, dance central and cooking, I finished up Mary Higgins Clark's Daddy's Little Girl. I flew through this book - LOVED it. Great murder mystery with characters I cared about. The story followed a 7-year-old girl, Ellie, whose sister was murdered. Flash forward 20+ years and the murderer is up for parole - Ellie, an investigative reporter doesn't want him to be acquitted so she heads back to her hometown to see what she can. What unfolds is a series of events, more murders, cover ups, suspects, family's reconnections, etc. I REALLY liked it. It's a super quick read and I give it a 5/5. Nothing to change it. I thought it had just enough suspense to make it interesting, but not so much to make it super scary. Great book!

Q: How was your Thursday?

Q: What are your weekend plans? Ours will be SUPER chill -i'm so excited!

No comments: