Monday, March 21, 2011

Spice Cabinet Before & After, New Meatless Recipe, Lazy Sunday

Hi Friends! Thanks so much for your comments on my dresses - i'm loving the great deals and the spring clothes. It's 85 here tomorrow... clearly spring is on its way in full force! I'm not quite ready to say good bye to my leggings, but I guess it's time. It's also time to get a tan - i'm downright pasty right now!

So my Sunday involved nothing - just chilling with the family, watching courtroom dramas like Primal Fear and making/eating new recipes. Lovely! Here is one of my new ones!

Recipe Adapted from Good Housekeeping
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 434 calories, 46 carbs, 12 fat grams and 37 protein grams.

Here's the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

It was all good, except I had some tummy trouble. BOO. I was still feeling bad at bedtime, so I went ahead and called in sick to work. Today I was SO glad I did - my tummy trouble continued until early evening. So I stayed home all day, no workouts, no work, no fun. I DID take all of my new spice jars to bed and remove stickers, and made labels with the label maker. By this evening I had kept food in and felt a bit better, so I headed downstairs and reorganized the spice cabinet. I'm so excited - here is before and after.

Before

After
So many organized bottles - I plan to do like A-M on the left and N- Z on the right - nothing too formal just to make it easier to know where to go in for bottles! I also bought some extras in case I get in to more spices

Q: What's your spice cabinet like? I think i'm going to look into those ladder shelves for the inside of this one - even easier to find what I need!

Q: What's your favorite lettuce? Arugula is fast becoming my favorite - such a distinct taste - yum!

No comments: