Tuesday, May 10, 2011

4 Miles, Sausage Pasta Recipe, Book Review

Thanks, friends! I really did have a great weekend with family and friends in beautiful weather - can't ask for much more! I will say that my Monday was a bit rough though. I just felt like a zombie all day - HATE feeling that way/not getting enough sleep. Boo. I worked through the a.m., then took a lunch workout break, walking 4 miles. I'd hoped it would wake me up but alas, it didn't. So I just worked more then headed straight home to my PJs, family and DVR! We watched a Castle episode and ate a new recipe.

Sausage, Tomato and Argula Pasta
Recipe adapted from For the Love of Cooking
Makes 6 Servings

Nutritional Information: 373 calories, 43 carbs, 12 fat grams and 24 protein grams.

This dish packs SO much flavor and is really filling. I love the addition of argula for color, and the cherry tomatoes were great, too. This one reheated well, too - great, quick, filling recipe - good for a weeknight! Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

full dish in pan while I stirred it - forgive the slightly over exposed pic!


In addition to eating this yummy pasta dish, I finished a book - Hallie Ephron's Never Tell A Lie. The book was about a pregnant woman and her husband who are having a yard sale. Normal stuff, until a woman goes into their home the day of the yardsale and never comes out. Then things keep getting weirder and, eventually, her husband is accused of murder. CRAZY. The book was a quick, suspenseful page-turner - I couldn't wait to figure out if her husband was guilty, if not who it was, would this impact her baby, etc. I liked that it was a mystery, but wasn't gorey. I will say that they kind of give it away, but even then there were more surprises to come up to the last 5 pages. Great book, I give it a 4/5.

Yes, that was my evening - short and sweet!

Q: What is your favorite kind of lettuce? I'm seriously in love with arugula - although I will say that butter lettuce is climbing the ranks QUICK.

Q: Sausage, Turkey Sausage, Chicken Sausage, Soy sausage or none of the above? I'm a HUGE fan of turkey sausage - I think it's my favorite. It tastes so super close to the real thing, and does great in pastas and bakes. I will say that i'm NOT a fan of the casings (ew) but it's worth it!

No comments: