Thursday, May 26, 2011

Catch Up, New Breakfast Recipe

Yesterday was all about getting back to life, back to reality! Thank you for your sweet comments on our travels!! I've been slowly catching up your blogs and what all you guys have been up to! Yesterday was also all about getting back to these guys:
Remy
Reuben

They make it REALLY hard to stay away! So we got up early in Birmingham and drove to Atlanta where I immediately got to work pre-cooking, unpacking, getting my oil changed, picking up puppers, cleaning said puppers, hitting up Petco for new seatbelts and life jackets for their upcoming lake trip, laundry, more unpacking... the list went on. I think I finally sat down at 8 p.m. EXHAUSTED! LOL No workouts as planned but I sure felt like i'd had one with all of the running around! The night ended with a bit of DVR catch up and family time. SO NICE to have the day to catch up.

I also wanted to share a new recipe I had before we left town that I never had the chance to post. It's a yummy, easy breakfast recipe that's meatless - yay!

Egg & Veggie Breakfast Pockets
Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Gardens
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 325 calories, 27 carbs, 16 fat grams and 18 protein grams.

We loved the crispy pockets, and the onions added nice crunch and the spinach mixed in well. The garlic helped give it a bit of kick, and the egg filling went well in the crescent. All in all a good breakfast. Yes, a bit high in fat, but it kept me full for hours.

Q: What's been your go-to breakfast lately? I've been finding it SUPER easy to stuff all of my favorite things into these little crescents! My other go to has been filling crescents with ham, jalapenos and pepper jack cheese- um, fabulous!

Q: Do you have pets? If so, do they travel with you? Mine have never done well in crates in the car, but I hate to just hold them - I just worry about their size and if there was an accident. Ugh - don't want to think about it. Anyway - I hope these new seat belt harnesses work for them - wish us luck this weekend as head off to the lake for Memorial Day!

No comments: