Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Breakfast Recipe, Lake Bound, Flashback

With Elliot's graduation, a list of graduates in my neighborhood posted to our welcome sign and really just this time of year, I've had graduation on the mind. I finished up high school in May 2000, undergrad in May 2004, and then grad school in May 2006. Yes, this time of year definitely takes me back! Here's a pic of me and Austin at our graduation dinner with our families - we graduated together on the same day in Auburn in May 2004. It's VERY hard to believe that this was 7 years ago, and that Austin's other brother, Tyler, will be doing the same thing from UGA next year. It's a cliché because it's so true but it has to be said - time flies.

Backing up! ThursdayI just worked, packed for our upcoming Memorial Day lake trip, and had to drive in for a 2-hour meeting over lunch. No lunch workout for me, then after work it was storming bad so I headed straight home to avoid as much traffic as possible. I then cooked a couple of recipes, read a bit of Fly Away Home and watched a movie with Austin - pretty chill day! We also ate another new breakfast recipe - i'm loving mixing up our breakfasts. It's like I fear that if I don't we'll stop eating it and I fully subscribe to it being the most important meal of the day!

Spinach & Mushroom Frittata
Makes 6 Servings
Recipe adapted from Finecooking.com

Nutritional Information: 317 calories, 27 carbs, 14 fat grams and 20 protein grams.

I loved this! It tasted fluffy and flavorful. It reheated well and tasted great. I also liked that it didn't require a cast iron/oven-ready skillet, since I still don't have one yet. Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

FridayI got in a quick a.m. workout, 23 minutes for 1/4 mile walking at 4 mph and 2 miles straight at 6.3 mph. Then it was shower time and off to work. During lunch I headed back to the gym to walk 3 miles, and do abs. Great workout! Then we got off work early at 2 p.m., so Austin met me down by my office and we set out to the lake at 2:30 - woo! I'll post lake trip pics/recap tomorrow - we had such a great visit and are now enjoying our Sunday back home in PJs with the poodles!

Q: Do you think breakfast is the most important meal of the day?

Q: Where was your life at 7 years ago? I was 21 years old, finishing school, excited about grad school in the fall, spending the summer in Atlanta with Austin and my sis and staying busy.

No comments: