Sunday, June 5, 2011

Destin: Picture Post

Happy Sunday! We're still here at the beach having a great time! Quick backtrack, Friday we just drove in, had a few drinks and hung out at the beach house - great night! Saturday we got up early, then spent the whole day at the beach frolicking around, going out in Forrest's ocean kayaks, reading, and having a few drinkies - here's pics!

the boys with the loaded up truck
Yes, we roll deep
Our group!
Mary, T and me (and my new Atlanta Braves cap!)
Me and Forrest
We had just rode in a crazy wave! I swear I was submerged!
Heading out
Besties!

After the beach it was time for a celebratory dinner for Mary & Jimmy's 5-year anniversary! We got ready and then hopped in a cab for Mitchell's Fish Market. I had a couple of yummy glasses of wine, and we split a cup of gumbo for an appetizer - it was great! Then I got the cedar plank salmon for dinner - it was okay, I liked the side more - mushrooms! After dinner we had a champagne toast and then we visited, the girls had dessert, I had a latte, and we headed home, played games and called it a night!

At Mitchell's
Group shot!
T, Mar and their desserts - yes, Mary got a shark fin pie - insane!

Q: What's your favorite thing to do on the beach? I alternate between active and relaxing - I like to jump waves but also like to just sit in my chair and read!

Q: If you like fish, which is your favorite? If I HAD to choose one, which would be hard, I'd choose salmon. I also like tilapia, grouper, trout, mahi, skate, cod and halibut.

No comments: