Wednesday, July 13, 2011

AMAZING Spinach & Ricotta Pizza, I'm in LA!

Before recapping yesterday, I want to share another new recipe!
Spinach and Ricotta Pizza
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 416 calories, 56 carbs, 14 fat grams and 16 protein grams.

Awesome - broiling pizza is genius - more crispy but not too crispy. The olive oil went a long way, and each bite tasted juicy. Austin (our tomato grower) suggests that this not be made in the off season. Since tomatoes are the star of the recipe, definitely go with fresh, in-season tomatoes.  The cheeses blended well, and that tiny bit of Parmesan still made an impact. We will absolutely be making this one again - may add fresh basil next time but honestly, it didn't need anything!
Individual serving = yummmmm!
Grab the recipe on Healthified Kitchen! If you make anything this summer - make this! It's honestly going to be hard to use my dough for ANYTHING else. Eek!

And quick recap of yesterday: slept HORRIBLY the night before (jitters from upcoming travel?). I got up early and worked all a.m., then Austin drove me to the airport where I met up with my co-workers before spending four hours traveling across the U.S. I got SO much work done on the way - WOO! Then arrived at 6 p.m. my time, 3 p.m. this time. By the time we got bags, got the rental car, dropped our stuff off at the hotel, it was time roll to dinner! We ate at Rock 'N Fish - awesome Halibut! Afterwards we walked around and went out on the pier at Manhattan Beach. It's CRAZY how cold it gets here - amazing weather though! Here's some pics: 
Be more windy, LA.
Dinner!
Really cool spot
We couldn't get over how 'in' to volley ball everyone was - SO many nets
I mean really - SO many...
Walking and talking on the pier!
Of course we had to go to the end!
Where we had to take pics with the shark . Just trying to blend in with the locals.
Loved the skate boarders 
Also loved the houses - some looked like straight up Charleston
Love this shot!
Q: Ever had a spinach ricotta pizza? No? Try this one!! And report back. :)

Q: Ever been to Manhattan beach? I didn't even know it existed. Reason #346 of why I love traveling! Especially with fun co-workers - TOTALLY beats the solo trips I've done in the past!

No comments: