Saturday, July 16, 2011

San Francisco Sights

So I haven't posted in FOREVER! EEK! Quick update. Wednesday was the day I arrived in LA, Manhattan Beach, etc. Thursday we had to meet in the lobby ready to roll at 6 a.m. EW. I woke up at 4:15 a.m. and ran 1.5 miles, biked for 10 minutes, then did abs. Then I got ready and me and my co-workers rode out to Irvine. There I spent the ENTIRE day in meetings, including lunch, and a happy hour, and didn't get back to LA until 9 p.m. EXHAUSTED. So straight to bed I went! No pics since it's all work stuff! Thursday I woke up early and headed to the airport for my 10:30 a.m. flight to San Francisco. It was delayed an hour. Then we boarded and sat on the plane for an hour before taking off. So, I arrived in San Francisco 2 hours later than planned, making it hard to do all of the things we wanted to do! Austin met me there (he flew in from Atlanta) - so we immediately hopped in a cab for the hotel. His parents got us a place at The Fisherman's Wharf Hilton - it was really nice! We dropped off the bags and immediately headed out - here's some pics:
Loved how the bread was transferred on a track of baskets from the bakery part to the deli part at Boudin - where we went for lunch!!
REALLY cute place in Fisherman's Wharf

Then we walked and walked and walked - I've never walked up hills that steep!
It was kind of crazy - such a quirky little city!
Made sure to walk to Lombard Street - very cool and again - quirky!

Then we walked to Chinatown - I LOVED it! 
At the entrance to Chinatown - my favorite place in San Fran
Then we walked to Union Square, where we hopped on a Streetcar to take us back to the hotel! The ride was kind of miserable but I wanted to do it. haha (very crowded, jerky, etc.)
Getting off the street car before heading back to the hotel - LONG day!
After our day I took a quick power nap, then we headed to dinner at Pompei's Grotto  - fish fillet sampler - YUM! It was freezing, windy and we were exhausted after dinner, so to bed we went at 10 p.m.! GREAT day in San Francisco, I felt like I got to see a lot, and was glad to still have the following day.

More pics to come tomorrow - have to get back out to the wineries- we're having a GREAT time in Napa so far. :)

Q: What are you up to this weekend?!

Q: Any wineries or restaurants we should go to in Napa?!

No comments: