Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hello Technology, I Rather Like Your Style; New Chinese Recipe

Now I like to think i'm a pretty savvy lady when it comes to technology, social media and the like. However, there were two things that, up until the last 48 hours, I was not taking advantage of: Google Reader and Facebook (for the blog).

So Facebook for the blog. I used to have my personal Facebook badge on here, but that just seemed like a disconnect to me. What I post on FB/personal page isn't always 'fitting back in' related if that makes sense. And since I don't really mix my personal life with my 'fitting back in' life, it made the most sense to add a page for any of you who want to get my blog posts and other content on Facebook! Stop by if you have time!

Google Reader. Now I know many of you already organize this way. I had tried to in the past but wasn't taking advantage of the 'all items' option - now i'm seeing ALL of the benefits. Before reader (i.e. 2 days ago and all days prior to that!), I was honestly having a really hard time keeping up with you all - missing posts, missing blogs all together - I just felt scattered. Having some of you in my blog roll, some in favorites, etc. just wasn't cutting it. Now I happily subscribe to all of you through my google reader and they all roll in together making it super easy to keep up with you!! I'm LOVING it, and am enjoying catching up with those of you I had lost!

Q: Your turn - do you have a Facebook page for your blog? Why or why not?

Q: How do you keep up with other bloggers? Do you have a reader?

And no more technology talk! So how was your Saturday? Mine was pretty awesome. I hung out with my poodles, made naan breakfast pizzas, ate Austin's homegrown veggies (tomatoes and bell peppers!), added facebook to my blog, read your blogs, read my book and did a few things around the house - lovely! I also had a new recipe...

Chinese Garlic Chicken
Makes 4 Servings
Recipe adapted from Blog Chef

Nutritional Information: 451 calories, 66 carbs, 6 fat grams and 28 protein grams.

Seriously authentic! I'm SO excited. This is what I order at restaurants: "white rice, chicken and brown sauce." I never thought it was made with soy sauce, garlic and honey - go figure! And marinating the chicken overnight in this sauce made it extra tender - I may try this with other Asian-inspired recipes. Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

K - off for a daycation! "See" you all soon!

No comments: