Saturday, July 2, 2011

Movie Reviews, Shredding, Weight Update

Apparently the excitement of having posted my first step-by-step meal plan overwhelmed me as I haven't posted since Wednesday which is mucho out of character! I've also been wasting time in front of the TV saving money by taking advantage of our Netflix account. However, the movies have not been very good. Maybe i've been missing something, but here's what I've been watching.
Meh. The Switch wasn't bad but Jason Bateman's character just really wasn't likeable and the whole film was very predictable. I think for me the whole premise was just silly (i.e. the party that made the situation happen to begin with). It was just odd. I wanted to like it - I like both leads and thought it could be cute, but I'd have to give it a 2/5 - watchable but nothing to chat about.
Now this was much better. No, Rachel's character and her love interest didn't have a lot of chemistry. And yes, it seemed a bit long sometimes and I had a few of those 'why was this included' moments. But overall, I enjoyed seeing her act as a neurotic over-achiever, and seeing her succeed in her career in TV. It was a cute, feel-good film that I could maybe watch again. I'd give it a 3/5.

This was so bad it was good. Really. I thought Gwenyth did an awesome job as an alcoholic country singer. Yes, I never would have thought it but was kind of blown away. And even when she made mistakes I wanted her to succeed! Tim did a great job as her somewhat-mean husband, and Leighton and Garret did a great job, too. It was so strange to see a Gossip Girl as a country girl, but it worked. I will say that the actual script/movie were way too long and the ending was just bizarre. It was a really good made-for-TV movie, but not a good movie if that makes sense. I gave it a 2.5/5.

Q: Did you see any of these? Are there movies i'm missing because I feel like i'm getting all duds?!

Outside of watching movies, Thursday was spent working, working through lunch and working some more. No workouts - rest day - just chilling with the pups. I DID finish a book, Killer Heels, i'll post a review tomorrow! Friday was a two-a-days day. I woke up early, ran 2.5 miles and walked 1/2 mile, worked, went back to the gym at lunch and walked 2 miles and did Jillian Michael's Shred Phase 1 (for the second time). I got off work early! So I headed home, hung out with the fam, then met Stacy & Shane for a few drinks (fun!) before heading to Jason & Crystal's for poker night. Always a good time!! Great Friday - loved hanging out with everyone and getting to visit with Crystal and Stacy!! And a quick weight update: My goal was to get to 120 by the end of June. The lowest I got was 122.5, and i'm maintaining there. SO, now my goal for July will be to get to 119. TOTALLY realistic goal. I'm counting on shred, spinning, running and tracking to get me there. I didn't track in June. Oy. But it's July 2 - i'm tracking this month dang it! Moving on! Today is a hodge podge - SO many things I want to do, and it's going well so far - at least on the cooking front. :)

Q: What are you up to today?!

I just added Fitting Back in to Facebook! Is your blog on Facebook? Why or why not?!

No comments: