Friday, July 8, 2011

My Top 5 Birthday Musts

LOVING your cabbage recommendations, birthday wishes and bread ideas! I had a great birthday. Every year I struggle with what to do for my birthday. My actual birthday. Should I go to work? Stay home? Try to get friends together? Family? Workout? Relax? Massage? Or would that make me tired? Vacation? Stay home? This year I think I found the perfect birthday combination:

1. Sleep in. Not crazy, but just until 7:45 a.m.
2. Work from home. I don't want to be completely disconnected, but not having to go in this year was a total plus and something I may ask for next year.
3. A sweaty workout. Loved it. I ran 1 mile at 7 mph, walked 1/4 mile then did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Bonus? I got to workout with Austin! This never happens! (and by workout with Austin I mean we rode together, ran the mile side-by-side on treadmills, then rode back home together. Whatever, it's a start!)
4. Dinner with family. I don't know if I've gotten together with just my family for just my birthday in a long, long time. So good to have my mom in town, have my sis & bro-in-law, have Austin and then have little Dane (3-month-old nephew!) there - perfect. I felt so happy being surrounded by those who know me most, and still get chills seeing my sis as a mama - she's the best.
5. An early night home with the pups. Yes, it's fun to go out and have a few drinks (and I plan to tonight with friends!) but having one drink (a mojito!) and going home early to the puppers and Austin (per my birthday card from Austin - the little pack of a family I brought together) was perfect.

So that's it! Sleep in, work (but don't drive in), workout, dinner with family and an early night in. Rocket science? Absolutely not - but I love knowing what made me happy and hope to make this a tradition in coming years. Back to basics, right?! Either that or i'm just getting old. Whatevs - I'll take it! Q: What are your birthday musts?!

 Here's some pics from my 29th birthday!
The matching wallet to the bag he got me last month!! Yay! 
SUCH a great gift - of course I  immediately converted from my previous teal snakeskin pleather Forever 21 wallet. What? It was a classic. hehe Then we met my family at Uncle Julio's - one of my favorite places! (and where I went last year on my birthday!) 
My sis, Z and little Dane got me this cool necklace - LOVE statement necklaces and this one is perfect for Auburn football!
Me & Austin got to see our perfect little nephew Dane!
I even got to feed him one of his little bottles!! He's such a good eater!
Look at that face! LOL This was just after his nap - he wasn't feeling  the camera flash!
Ah - now he's better and happy! Such a cutie with his dad!
Me & Austin outside the restaurant! Our arms look odd - they were in our pockets. haha
My family! So glad mom could make it, too - and loved how color coordinated we all were - fabulous!
My mom with her babies and grandbaby!
Ah - such a good time!

Q: What are you up to this weekend? I have lunch with my co-worker/besties today, dinner and drinks with besties tonight, then a wedding tomorrow, and family day/pool day Sunday - can't wait for it all!

1 comment:

Blogger said...

There is an amazing new opportunity that is trending online.

Big companies are paying people just for sharing their opinions!

You can earn from $5 to $75 per each survey!

And it is open to anybody in the world!