Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Baked Turkey Egg Rolls? Absolutely!

Thanks for sharing your pesto ideas! I'm loving the new pestos and promise recipes will be up soon - at least 2 this week! For now, I've been meaning to share this yummy one - who doesn't want a meal of egg rolls???
Baked Turkey Egg Rolls
Makes 4 Servings (of 2 egg rolls each)
Recipe adapted from Annie’s Eats

Nutritional Information: 354 calories, 42 carbs, 5 fat grams and 34 protein grams.

 The outside was really crispy and they had a nice spicy taste. I thought the turkey added an interesting twist - I liked how much it broke up - the pieces were tiny and so every bite tasted meaty rather than cabbagey if you know what I mean! The ginger/garlic/onion mixture was a great add too, and made the turkey taste extra juicy. I also liked that the meal was two packed egg rolls, very filling and a good, light eat. It also reheated well on the George Foreman! Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

And quick back-up: Monday was another busy one! Started with a 2-mile run at 6.3 mph followed by 1/4-mile walk and abs. Then work, working through lunch, more working, and home to the fam and, of course, a pesto. LOL

Q: What's up in your world? For me the focus is working, getting in a.m. workouts and hanging with the fam - already ready for the weekend!


Q: Ever made a meal out of eggrolls? I like the idea of having the turkey/meat in the egg rolls. This way it's a filling meal, even though it seems like it's bad for you!


And I leave you with a picture from this past weekend - me and my puppers - thanks for sending, Lindsey! :)

No comments: