1. First, I made one of our FAVORITE pestos, Sun-dried Tomato Pesto. I made 3 batches of 4 servings each. We had one this week, and the other two are frozen. I'll just need to add pasta, chicken and feta on top - done!
2. Then we thought about doing a classic pesto, but with the nut we had on hand, peanuts! We made a batch, loved it, so doubled it ending up with 2 batches of 4 servings each and froze it all. We call it Classic Peanut Pesto. Recipe & picture coming soon!
3. Then I was like let's do something VERY different. So we made Spicy Asian Peanut Pesto. We kept this one to 1 batch of 4 servings as it's the highest fat one (being that it was made with peanut butter & basil - crazy! Recipe & picture coming soon!
4. After attempting the different one, we went back to classic but with a new nut. Enter Classic Almond Pesto. VERY good. We made 1 batch of 4 servings.Recipe & picture coming soon!
5. From the almond batch, we branched out and made Lemon Basil Almond Pesto. Basically the same as #4, but without Parmesan but with lemon juice and lemon zest. Recipe & picture coming soon!
So friends, this is one way to use a packed, gallon-size bag of basil!
|Lots of pestos ready to go - each tub is 4 to 8 servings - just add pasta & chicken!|
|so happy with these - we froze a lot - YAY!|
Q: Have your photography skills vastly improved since blogging?! Don't get me wrong - I still have a long way to go! But WOW - i'm just horrified at some of my old pics. I'm like, hmmmm I KNOW it's a yummy recipe but I don't even want to eat it! LOL
So yes, this was my Sunday - cooking pestos with Austin, working, doing laundry, getting ready for Monday and a bit of reading - not a bad Sunday!