Monday, August 8, 2011

Breakfast Tostados, Steely Dan, Birthday Fun!

Happy Monday! I hope you're having a good one - mine has been busy, busy busy - ugh! And I still have blog reading to do - looking forward to that! I hope you all had great weekends. Here's what we were up to!

Saturday I got up, got dressed in my spin clothes, headed to the gym and the class was full. LETDOWN. So, I stopped by the grocery store, cooked, showered and then me and Austin headed to Zara and Coach.  I bought more things - pics to come! Then we met up with Austin's Dad & Brother to give them tix to Steely Dan (which ended up being for Sunday night - WHAT? Still trying to straighten that out with Ticketmaster), then we met up with Ruje, Mark, Matt & Seema for an AWESOME Steely Dan show.
the group after the show - thanks, Ruje! Great time!
 In case you're wondering, I LOVE this band - if you're new to them please check out my faves, including Do It Again, Reeling in the Years, Hey Nineteen, Deacon Blues, Dirty Work, Josie, and my ALL-TIME favorite, Babylon Sisters, it's a slower one but totally takes me back to being a little girl in the backseat of my parents blazer in Germany riding around singing this song with my family! LOL Music TRULY takes you back like nothing else. They say smells do - whatever, not for those of us with severe allergies. :)


After the show it was time to celebrate this girl's 30th Birthday!
Me & Danielle! Thanks for the pic, girly!
Some of the girls!
They had gotten a party bus and done an entire bar crawl. While we were the most sober ones there (I was DD), it didn't stop us from having a great time!! Great to catch up with Stacy & Shane, Mandy & Mike, Andy & Mon, Jason, Lindsey - the whole crew was there - such a great turnout and she looked beautiful!! Afterwards we drove home and called it a night!

Sunday I woke up, did a few things around the house and shopped. all. day. I kid you not... I'm still tallying what all I got - eeee! I'll be posting pics throughout the week - definitely ran the gamut from a new watch & new coach bags to v-neck sweaters, pencil skirts, cardis, dresses... OY. I made a dent... fo sho. No workouts, unless you count walking and holding a lot of weight? My biceps def felt the pain - still have hanger marks on my left arm - sadsies!

Before I roll, I HAVE to share a new recipe we've been all over - Breakfast Tostados!
Egg and Bean Breakfast Tostados
Recipe adapted from a nacho recipe at My Bizzy Kitchen
Makes 2 Servings

Nutritional Information: 383 calories, 57 carbs, 9 fat grams and 26 protein grams.

This meatless breakfast is insanely filling – must be all of those beans! I loved the garlic and hot sauce in the beans – great kick, but not too spicy. The tostado was crunchy, but the beans helped soften it. To make the tostado less crunch, I’d suggest lightly spreading salsa on one side of each tortilla. I would consider this one a weekend recipe – I worry it would lose its crunch on the reheat. This is a great recipe, ready under 20 minutes, and a great, filling start to the day! We will make this again. And it's easy to double if needed!
A look at the inside! I cut mine in half and dipped each bite in salsa!
As usual, the recipe is at Healthified Kitchen!

Q: Tostados for breakfast: Absolutely or No Way?

Q: Steely Dan.... tell me you're a fan!! If so, what's your fave song?!

No comments: