Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New Comfort Food Recipe, Book Review, Weekly Workouts

Happy Wednesday! SO GLAD it's almost the weekend - really, this week has been creeping by. Quick recap:

Sunday: no workout, LAZY day - felt good!
Monday: a.m. workout (ran a mile, walked a 1/4 mile, 10-minute stair climber and abs. Work. Lunch workout (walked 3.5 miles). Work. Home to the family!
Tuesday: a.m. workout (ran a mile, walked a 1/4 mile, 20 minutes spinning). Work. Lunch shopping trip (Macy's & Ann Taylor). Work. Home to family + True Blood!
Today: a.m. workout (strength training - biceps, triceps, shoulders and abs). That's it so far!

I DO have a recipe to share - AWESOME comfort food (so it's creamy pasta, naturally!):
Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet
Makes 4 Servings; Total Time: 20 Minutes
Adapted from Slim Shoppin' and My Bizzy Kitchen

Nutritional Information: 455 calories, 52 carbs, 8 fat grams and 40 protein grams.

Crazy creamy - almost like an alfredo sauce but better. Great comfort food, great classic chicken dish - and super easy to put together. Austin said it was almost like an 'alfredo gravy' - yum. I've started adding total time, and this one was definitely ready in less than 20 minutes! The recipe is over at Healthified Kitchen!

I finished a book during my lunch workout yesterday, Jane Green's Dune Road. I enjoyed it! My favorite of hers? No, but definitely a good beach read and kept me interested as there were a lot of shady characters and it was told from their perspective, as well as the non-shady peep's perspectives. It was mostly about Kit, a divorced, single mom, learning how to co-parent with her ex-husband, Adam, while trying to date. She got a job with a famous writer who had a mysterious past. The story unfolds as it includes her friend's situation with her husband, a woman from her past, her estranged mother, etc. I liked it! I'd give it a 3.5/5 - great for keeping you engaged, interested in the plot, but a lot of repetitive writing (like OMG you TOLD us this already) and a couple of twists I saw coming - hate when that happens!

Q: Have you ever read any Jane Green books? If so, which is your favorite? I've read almost all of hers (my sister Devon got me hooked!) - my favorite is probably Straight Talking - I haven't read it in FOREVER though!


Q: What's your FAVORITE comfort food? Mine is creamy pasta. Truly. I almost said Mac & Cheese but that is just an example of creamy pasta. hehe I also go for potatoes and rice - carbs, carbs, carbs.


Q: Does it help you to have 'total time' for recipes? I'm going to try to add to the ones's I've posted! Let me know if there's anything else i'm not posting that would be helpful!

No comments: