Thursday, September 29, 2011

Asian Basil Pesto; What's That Called?!

Hey! Hope you're all having great Thursdays - I'm SO GLAD it's almost Friday - woo! Before getting going, I must share a new recipe I'm loving - Asian Basil Pesto!
Asian Basil Pesto
Recipe found on Food.com
Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information: 417 calories, 43 carbs, 10 fat grams and 38 protein grams.


Wonderful, nutty and flavorful pesto! I loved all of the Thai basil and what great flavor it gave (without the calories and high sodium from other sauces/mixes). It was super easy to put together with a small blender and ingredients we already had on hand - easy peasy! The recipe is over at Healthified Kitchen!
Thai Basil from  Austin's garden! I MUST take a new pic of that garden - it's  out of control!
Backing up! Wednesday started with a 6:30 a.m. class (at my new work gym!) called 'Fast & Furious.' Put your fitness to the level. Always challenging, this class involves athletic drills, body weight exercises, calisthenics and more. Um, no kidding. I was sweating like i'd just run my 3 miles and I'm so. incredibly. sore. Like, I can't climb stairs. Or get into my car. WOW. Lots of mountain climbers, box jumps, dips, jump lunges, you name it. Actually, some stuff I can't name! haha Seriously, What is this called? Stand to the right side of a bench. Bend over, lean to the left and put your hands in the center. Now, spring your legs up and over to the other side of the bench, keeping your hands in place. Repeat, go as fast as you can, back and forth. 


Updated to add: Thanks to Lekki Frazier-Wood on Facebook, I now know that they're called Bunny Hops. From there, I found a video - enjoy!

I. thought. i'd. die.  But I didn't. My obliques are still screaming. effff. Now for real, what is this special form or torture called?! I tried to find a video or something but nothing turned up! So after this class, it was work, work, more work and then home to Austin & sushi. Gotta love a sushi night!!

Today was my off day - no workouts, just lots of work, lots of cooking, and getting ready for a weekend in Athens for the UGA vs. Mississippi State game. Austin's brother Elliot is a freshman this year and Tyler is a senior, and Austin's parents get in from Vegas Friday night so perfection - weekend in Athens with the family! Looking forward to it. And i'm even taking a half day tomorrow so we can get up sooner so I visit the boutiques. (writing that will let me see if Austin actually reads the blog... hehe).

Q: Seriously - what is that exercise above called?! Does this ever happen to you? I hate when exercises I like don't have a name!


Q: Are you a Thai Basil fan? My sister got me started on it - she's been growing it for years!

No comments: