Friday, September 16, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wontons, Up All Night

TGIF indeed!! So glad it's Friday. Hope you're having a good one so far. I am - yay! Backing up real quick, Wednesday began with a morning 2.5 mile run and a 1/2 mile walk, then just work, work, work until I worked late - blah. Then headed home to the fam. I watched Up All Night and thought it was cute! The previews gave WAY too much away so i'm excited to watch another that has less spoilers. I couldn't even get through Free Agents - I think i'm just not a fan of the actors and while I love that Giles from Buffy is on there it's not enough. It doesn't seem sincere - it seems super scripted - like look at me, i'm acting clever! I dunno - not a fan.

Thursday was another work, work, work day - no workouts as I was SORE from the last 3 days, but did have a nice day working from home, being able to get lots done while spending the day with my little poodles. :) And I can't sign off before sharing a new favorite recipe - Buffalo Chicken Wontons
Buffalo Chicken Wontons
Makes 28 appetizers

Nutritional Information: Whole recipe – 1,332 calories, 153 carbs, 19 fat grams and 122 protein grams. 7 wontons each (for 4 people to split) – 334 calories, 38 carbs, 5 fat grams and 31 protein grams. Each single wonton – 47 calories, 5 carbs, <1 fat gram and 4 protein grams.

These were great, came together pretty quickly and went FAST. The boys loved them, and us girls had a couple, too, and they’re great. I told the boys they were low-fat/fat-free and they laughed. I don’t think they quite believed me. Oh well. These were great baked, still had a ton of flavor with the hot sauce/ranch and didn’t require dipping since the ranch was inside. And yes, I will get a picture of the inside next time - sorry! Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

Q: Ever made wontons?I think i'm about to try LOTS of different wontons - why not? I like folding them. I'm such a nerd.


Q: What are you doing this weekend? We had a change of plans. Original plan: go to Birmingham to see some of my bestie's and celebrate sweet Emma's birthday. New plan: stay home, work, try to relax and catch up on life - I am feeling super overwhelmed again and hope to use this weekend to get some things done and feel less stressed while relaxing to de-stress - I need a little break! 

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Just received my cheque for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can earn by taking paid surveys online...

So I show them a video of myself getting paid $500 for taking paid surveys.