Monday, September 26, 2011

Slowcooker Buffalo Chicken Mac, TV Update

Happy Monday! I hope you're having a good one! I'm home with an upset tummy. Ugh. No fun - I hope I don't have a bug! I also hope to get in a workout tonight and feel well enough to go in and spin in the a.m. Hmmmmm. Perhaps i'm aiming too high?! On a MUCH other note, here's a new recipe I made last week that we really liked: Slowcooker Buffalo Chicken Mac!
Slowcooker Buffalo Chicken Mac
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 428 calories, 54 carbs, 5 fat grams and 42 protein grams.

Great recipe! Loved that it didn't have any 'cream of' anything - nice sauce based on the milk. I will say that I used penne, and I'd prefer it with a smaller shape like macaroni. Next time! I think my favorite part was that the recipe was one pot - everything cooked in the slowcooker so it was easy peasy - tough to mess up. And the calories/fat grams were great for a filling serving. Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

In staying home from work today, I was able to catch up on some TV. As you know, I was SO excited for new Fall shows... I've been underwhelmed so far, you? Here's my Fall TV reviews thus far.
  1. Terra Nova: N/A debuts tonight!
  2. Hart of Dixie: N/A debuts tonight!
  3. The Playboy Club: N/A still catching up on the DVR!
  4. Ringer: C+; Happy to see Sarah Michelle Gellar back but oy - not a very good show. It just looks cheap, fake, green-screened, and the content/story is kind of slow. Sad. I've seen 2 episodes so far - am going to try to keep watching it for SM but if it doesn't get better soon I'll have to cut it!
  5. New Girl: D-; Only made it about 7 minutes - nothing for me. :( Just kind of forced funny/awkward.
  6. Unforgettable: B-; We liked the first episode! Good mystery and like that there is an overarching mystery in the background. Like the characters - will watch again!
  7. Up All Night*: B- Christina Applegate is back - yay! I want to like this show. It's pretty funny too. But really disliked the second episode where they were basically insecure & dorky. I'm like no - make them cool like in the first episode - please! going to give it another chance.
  8. Free Agents: D-; couldn't make it through an episode! Kind of boring, trying too hard, didn't like the characters. Meh - not for me.
  9. Revenge*: B-;  good stuff - like the mystery, like the characters, like the setting - just the right amount of campy and evil for me. I'll keep watching.
  10. Charlie’s Angels: N/A Haven't watched yet.
  11. The Secret Circle: C-; it's kind of bad. To Danielle's point, I wanted it to be more like The Craft - I do have a feeling it will get better. 
  12. Whitney: N/A
  13. Grimm: N/A
  14. Pan Am: N/A still DVR catching up!
And now, here is my update TV schedule for the fall…

Monday
8 p.m.: Gossip girl; Terra Nova (new)
9 p.m.: Hart of Dixie (new)
10 p.m.: Castle; The Playboy Club (new)

Tuesday
8 p.m.: 90210; Glee
9 p.m.: Ringer (new)
10 p.m.: Parenthood; Unforgettable (new)

Wednesday
8 p.m.: Up All Night (new)
9 p.m. Modern Family
10 p.m. Revenge (new)

Thursday
8 p.m. Charlie’s Angels (new)
9 p.m. Grey’s Anatomy
9 p.m. The Secret Circle (new)
9:30 p.m. Whitney (new)

Sunday
9 p.m. Desperate Housewives
10 p.m. Pan Am (new)

Q: Any of the new shows working for you? 


Q: What's your favorite mac & cheese? I really liked this variation - i'm also a fan of taco mac. Any cheesy noodles with random toppings make me happy apparently!

No comments: