Sunday, October 23, 2011

Busy Week, Peanut Pesto, Bad Derm News

Happy Sunday! I hope you're all having wonderful days! I've been with the family today - just hanging at the house with Austin and the poodles, watching movies, catching up on my Fall TV and just having a nice little Sunday. :) Here's what little Remy did for most of the weekend...
Seeing what's up in the backyard
Not even the camera could get her attention
She's annoyed with me here... hehe
And right back to it!



My week was pretty standard - Wednesday was in training all day (again) - had to be at a breakfast at 7:30 a.m. so no workout. BUT I visited the gym during lunch - running a mile, walking a half mile, and doing legs, shoulders and biceps. Not too bad! Then it was more training and home to the family. Thursday I got SO much work done but my afternoon got a bit derailed with the dermatologist called me back. One of my moles, the one they took from my face, came back abnormal. So I have an appointment with a plastic surgeon on Tuesday to have it completely removed. I'm talking with the surgeon tomorrow to see what exactly this means - so far all I know is that they have to cut deeper, I can't travel for 3 days following and I will have stitches for 10+ days. So yes, Thursday was a bit of a downer and instead of gymming I just wallowed and felt sorry for myself. True story. :)

Friday was a bit better - busy day at work, took my lunch to get my haircut - yessss. I hadn't been since May - it was much needed! Then it was just more work before working a bit late and heading straight home to do nothing! We just watched a movie and called it a night! Saturday we ran errands (oil change; eye doctor; drycleaners; grocery store) and then I cooked a few meals before heading over to Mel & Jon's to watch Auburn lose and Alabama win. MAN did we lose. eek! Still love my tigers, but am not a big fan of rebuilding years.

So that's it in a nutshell: work, errands, bad mole news, movies and lots of family time! We also had a new recipe:
Spicy Asian Peanut Pesto
Inspired by Café Lynnylu
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information (with Chicken & Pasta): 464 calories, 49 carbs, 16 fat grams and 34 protein grams.

We really liked this recipe - definitely not a normal/standard pesto! Austin said it's like pesto with an infusion of heavy peanut flavor (due to peanutbutter!).  It made a lot of sauce, froze well, and reheated well. - we'll definitely make this again! Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

Q: Ever had peanutbutter in your pesto?


Q: What has been the highlight of your weekend?

No comments: