Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hot chicken Salad Pasta, Public Speaking?

Is it REALLY only Tuesday?! I'm in training this week so you know what that means, little access to my computer, free time, my routine, etc. I DID make it to the gym Monday a.m., and carved out time to run a quick mile, walk a half mile and do abs. But then I worked, ran errands during lunch (library & grocery store!) and worked late to prepare for being out for two days. I also had a new recipe:

Hot Chicken Salad Pasta
Adapted from a Fabulessly Frugal recipe
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 446 calories, 57 carbs, 8 fat grams and 37 protein grams.

I had originally made this recipe but without pasta - instead it was in a wrap. I liked it, but wanted to try it with pasta - it just sounded good! I think what I liked best about this one was that it was really creamy. I think if you wanted to avoid the potato chip topper, you could easily put panko bread crumbs on top, or even crushed reduced fat ritz crackers! I like it and will make it again!

whole dish


That was pretty much my Monday! And today I went into work at 7 a.m., to give myself 1.5 hours of worktime before training started. Needless to say I did NOT workout this a.m. (I guess that would have had me leaving the house at 4:30 a.m.? Can't. even. fathom.) I DID have a great training session on executive presence. I liked our instructor and she inspired me to be a better public speaker, a topic which tends to kind of bore me. She made it interesting and honestly she was just really good at what she did, which is always motivating!

Q: Are you a good public speaker? Do you enjoy doing it? Have to do it for work? I don't know if i'm good, but i'm comfortable. I taught public speaking at Auburn for a couple of years while in grad school - teaching that class is the most public speaking I've ever done! Truly! I don't have to do it for work much but, thankfully, I don't get too nervous!


Q: Ever had potato chips in your pasta?! Potato chips + Pasta = surprisingly not too calorific! 


Q: Me & Austin are doing movie night tomorrow night: is Lincoln Lawyer any good? 

No comments: