Friday, October 7, 2011

MIA & The Reason Why

SO, I know I've been pretty much sucking at bloglife. Where have I been? Why haven't you seen my comments on your awesome blogs? Well, long story short, three members of my team at work (my manager, senior manager and peer associate manager) left the company to pursue other opportunities. Just so happened to all happen within a few weeks of each other, so this meant much more work as only two associate managers, me included, were still there. Much, much, much more work. AND, I wanted to apply for one of the now open positions which would mean a promotion and a shift from being an individual contributor to a manager of four. SO, as you can imagine between my job, the new work, trying to get the new position, making changes to operate more leanly and then still the usual (cooking, working out, the leadership program, traveling, family, friends - you know - life) I have been crazy busy! Well, at times crazy busy or "fast-paced", other times completely under water, overwhelmed and spinning my wheels.
Well things are looking up. I found out on Tuesday following my interviews last month that I have been promoted to the manager of my team! Granted, right now it's a manager of one, but we have a new person starting Monday and just listed two other new positions today - WOO - it's happening. I hope to have a 5-person team  by late November/early December. I see the light at the end of the tunnel and while it's been hard, taken a lot of time out, etc., I know it will end up being great. Right? Yes! :)
So, a lot fell off the radar and while I was sad to see it go, I didn't have a choice! Only so many hours in a day. I haven't read a book in forever. Still have photo frames hanging empty. Have a list of new recipes to make. And my Google reader is truly frightening. But that's okay - because you can't do it all and can only do your best and nothing is worth driving yourself into the ground for. 
So that's why I've been MIA! Backing up real quick: Tuesday was forever long. Started at 7:30 at work, left at 7:30. Headed down to the gym, ran 2 miles and called it a night! Wednesday I got in early, ran a mile, walked a 1/4 mile and did legs - not too bad! Had a meeting over lunch, then just worked and actually went home on time to watch some episodes of The Good Wife with Austin! Then Thursday was all work & no workouts - did do a bit of cooking during my lunch break though! So not a bad week, just busy, busy, busy. No blog reading yet - hope to catch up Sunday!

Q: When's the last time you had to go MIA from blog life?

Q: What has been the highlight of your past week?! Any news I'm not up on?!

No comments: