Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Have any Paleo Questions?, Weekly Workouts & a new Meatless Recipe!

Happy Hump Day! Hope you're all having good ones! I'm at home in my PJs watching mindless TV - so i'm doing pretty dang good. :) This week I've been doing a lot of paleo testing (and for those of you are sick of hearing me talk about it - i'm sorry - I promise I have other things to chat about!). But for those who are intrigued (like me!), my friend Mon has been incredibly helpful with paleo-talk. I sent her a million (probably 8) questions and she's been a great resource as she's been living the lifestyle for months! If you have any paleo questions, leave them in the comments - Mon has offered to answer them via  guest post!!! I'm very excited, and so appreciative of her offer. So add your questions and on Sunday i'll get them over to her!

And on to my week, in a nutshell:
Sunday: Rested, worked, went to Whole Foods & Publix for "paleo food", cooked a few paleo dishes and called it a night!

Monday: a.m. workout (P90X chest & back); lunchtime walk with Stacy (3 miles); then just work, work, work and Paleo testing!

Tuesday: a.m. workout (P90X plyos); lunchtime walk with Stacy (3 miles); then just work, work, work and Paleo testing! (do you see a pattern here? LOL)

Wednesday: a.m. workout (P90X shoulders, biceps and triceps); work, work, work; home to watch my girly TV shows (e.g., Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, Switched at Birth, The Lying Game, and Pretty Little Liars hehe).

We also had a new recipe - not paleo, but yummy, meatless and seasonal!
Pesto Butternut Squash Pizza
Makes 4 Servings
Adapted from Cooking Light

Nutritional Information: 428 calories, 58 carbs, 19 fat grams and 15 protein grams.

YUM! I never would have thought about putting squash on a pizza, but it tasted wonderful and i'm so glad I did it! The pesto went well with it, as well as the parmesean. I will definitely make this again - loved the colors, the taste, how filling it was and think it's a great seasonal meal. Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

Other than that, Austin sent me this adorable picture:

A baby!
Yes, i'll end on that adorably happy note. hehe

Q: How are your workouts going this week? I'm glad to have gotten in 5 so far! Am either resting or doing yoga!

Q: Any fun plans this weekend?!

No comments: