Monday, January 23, 2012

Healthified Creamy Cajun Chicken Alfredo; 4 Skinny Finds!

First of all, thank you for your support following my car accident! I would be lying if I said I wasn't totally freaked, but I appreciate your thoughts and thanks to your ideas and comments i'm definitely going to see a doctor this week and, pending our conversation and my talk with Geiko this evening, seek a chiropractor and/or massage therapy. Thank you again for your kind thoughts and wonderful suggestions! And oh my - just reading some of your notes about your accidents made it even more scary and real - it's just not that safe out there - eek! :(

On a WAY other note, towards a MUCH happier place, BEFORE the accident, I did have some good luck at the boutique sale on Saturday a.m.! In fact, I found 4 skinny finds! Well, technically it's 6, but I could only find pictures of 4! Here goes...
Work Custom Jeans; skinny/gray 
Citizens of Humanity Avedon Skilly in Dark Ivy (like a DARK green) 
Citizens of Humanity Avedon skinny in Absolute 
BlankNYC Women's Spray-On Stretch Corduroys - Black
Blank NYC black corduroy skinny jeans
I also got a pair of Esley olive green thick leggings (with pockets) and a pair of Be 1 super thin skinny dark gray jeans/leggings (skinny) with white stitches - classic! Couldn't find pictures of either of these online - boo. And as far as non-skinny finds, I am now the proud owner of a cute top and a dress (pics to come!). Stacy has luck too with a dress, a cool vest, awesome purple corduroy pants and earrings!

Outside of buying skinny pants, i'm still trying out skinny recipes! Here is a new non-paleo dish!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Recipe adapted from Food Network
Makes 6 servings

Nutritional Information: 392 calories, 46 carbs, 11 fat grams and 28 protein grams.

Great dish! Very spicy, but not too spicy. It was definitely a cream sauce, that tasted very sinful and like something I wouldn’t order at Olive Garden for fear of it being calorific. All in all, a new favorite around here. Very filling, sinful-tasting and something I would make for guests for sure!  (and note: I froze a serving of this to test it - it reheated SO well - just as creamy!) Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

Q: Skinny pants: yay or nay?! I'm a HUGE fan, especially of the stretchy, soft ones that feel like maternity pants/leggings. hehe


Q: How has your Monday been so far? Mine has literally been up and down - i'm definitely happy that I got in 2 workouts though! woo!

No comments: