Monday, January 9, 2012

Meatless Breakfast Tacos with Homemade Salsa; 2 Miles!

Happy Monday! While I had an awesome time in Breck it's SO good to be back! Today started with a shorter-than-usual workout. Bottomline - waking up at 6 a.m. here was 4 a.m. Colorado time so therefore I was exhausted! I DID manage to run 1.5 miles at 6.3 and walk 1/2 mile - 2 miles before work - not awful! I'm going to try to do P90X tonight at home (to stick to my workout plan!) - we'll see. In the meantime, here is another new recipe we're loving!
Egg and Cheese Breakfast Tacos with Homemade Salsa
Makes 4 Servings
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Recipe

Nutritional Information per serving (2 tacos): 386 calories, 46 carbs, 10 fat grams and 25 protein grams.

At first I was like really? Make my own salsa? But it added so much to these beans and eggs! I was also nervous about refried beans but they went so well with the green-onion eggs and everything had a lot of flavor. I wouldn't change a thing - it was a wonderful, filling breakfast that tasted excellent!  Great, meatless meal - check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

Q: Tacos for breakfast: yay or nay? i'm a huge fan of tacos, burritos, tostados, nachos, etc. for breakfast! 


Q: What is your weekly workout plan? i hope to do a lot of P90X, a couple of runs and LOTS of abs - ab ripper 3X!

No comments: