Thursday, May 31, 2012

Paleo Trials Part Deux


So i'm trying Paleo again. This time, I'm better prepared! I have more recipes, more motivation and i've done a lot more research which impacts the aforementioned recipes and motivation. I know I still have a lot to learn, but I have great online resources, great friends like Monica who are ALL about it, and I even found that someone on my team at work who is a Paleo person so I hope we can exchange recipes and support each other in the office! It's all coming together - Austin is even doing it with me which of course is HUGE - love that he's always up for my recipes and food choices. He even went with me to Whole Foods and the Farmer's Market - he's into it!  Here's how it's going so far - almost 5 days in!

Paleo Day 1: Sunday, May 27 - Let's Give it a Whirl
  • Spicy Eggs & Chicken with Homemade Salsa & avocado (9 a..m.)
  • Larabar (11 a.m.)
  • Tangy Tomato Porkchops with Sweet Potatoes (2 p.m.) recipe coming!
  • 2 dark Chocolates (4 p.m.)
  • Garlic Pork & "Rice" (7:30 p.m.)  recipe coming!
  • 1 Dove Chocolate (9 p.m.)
The new recipe - spicy chicken and eggs with homemade salsa and avocado

Paleo Day 2: Monday, May 28 - Still Doing some shopping & recipe searching...
  • Spicy Eggs & Chicken with Homemade Salsa & avocado (8 a..m.)
  • Larabar (10 a.m.)
  • Almond Crusted Chicken over Baby Romaine (1 p.m.)  recipe coming!
  • Homemade Dark Chocolate Coconut Cluster (3 p.m.) recipe coming!
  • 1/2 cup frozen Strawberry Smoothie with chocolate whey and unsweetened almond milk (4 p.m.)
  • Tangy Tomato Porkchops with Sweet Potatoes (7 p.m.)  recipe coming!
  • 1/2 Banana Smoothie with Vanilla whey, coconut flakes and unsweetened almond milk (9 p.m.)
Some of our new products - using this whey, sun butter, almond butter and coconut aminos!

Paleo Day 3: Tuesday, May 29 - How  will I stay Paleo at work?
  • Banana (pre-workout snack 6 a.m.)
  • Egg & Sweet Potato Hash (breakfast; 8:30 a.m.)
  • Fruit cup - strawberries, apples, tangerines & pineapple (10:30 a.m.)
  • Arugula Salad with grilled tiger shrimp skewers and Cilantro Vin; 2 bites Smoked Salmon (12:30 p.m.)
  • 1/2 Banana & 3 frozen Strawberry Smoothie w/chocolate whey (6:30 p.m.)
  • Sesame Ginger Salad (8 p.m.)  recipe coming!
  • 1 chocolate coconut cluster (9:30 p.m.) recipe coming!
Egg and Sweet Potato Hash - the coconut oil MAKES this - just like Monica said it would!
Paleo Day 4: Wednesday, May 30 - How in the world will I stay Paleo if I have not one but TWO meals out?! Apparently Villa Christina and Kaleidoscope Bistro worked out well!
  • Larabar(pre-workout snack 6 a.m.)
  • Egg & Sweet Potato Hash (breakfast; 8:30 a.m.)
  • Arugula Salad with grilled salmon & Balsamic dressing (lunch; 12:30 p.m.) - working lunch with co-worker!
  • 2 oz. chicken breast (snack; 6 p.m.)
  • Flank steak salad with arugula & Lemon Vin & a glass of wine (dinner; 7:30 p.m.) - book club! (out to eat)
  • Banana Smoothie w/vanilla whey, flaxseed & 1 chocolate coconut cluster (9:30 p.m.)
Pics of me and the ladies at book club - thanks, Shana!
good group for a mid-week meet-up!
me and my sis!
Me, Shana and Ashley!
Paleo Day 5: Thursday, May 31 - Working from Home with Paleo
  • Spicy Eggs, Bacon, Avocado and Homemade Salsa (9 a.m.)
  • Almond Crusted Chicken over Baby Romaine (1 p.m.)  recipe coming!
So yes, I have many more recipes to post! And a lot more shopping to do. But it's going well! A few things to note:
  • I am including dark chocolate, wine, spirits, and coffee in my paleo.
  • I'm attempting to make my own condiments, but think this may come more with time. For now i'm just trying to avoid condiments!
  • For bacon, turkey sausage, etc. - i'm using no nitrates, no or low sugar products.
  • For meat and eggs, i'm focusing on grass-fed beef, free-range chicken and Omega-3 eggs.
  • I'm including honey (raw) as a natural sweetner to help make sauces in moderation.
  • I'm including sweet potatoes as well (some say they're Paleo; some say they're not)
Basically, i'm trying to make Paleo work for me and Austin, and am focusing on what I CAN eat rather than what is not included in this lifestyle. It's fun! Here's to the next 25 days of the 30 day challenge!

Q: Anyone have any recos on whey protein powder? 

Q: We need a new blender- any recs? ours is NOT smoothie-friendly and doesn't break ice down. well!

2 comments:

Blogger said...

There's an incredible new opportunity that is now available online.

Large companies are paying people for giving their opinions!

You can collect up to $75 per survey!

This is available to anybody from any country!

Blogger said...

3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

This means that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!