Before I go on - know that I posted a yummy Paleo-friendly Salad we munched on last week - here is the recipe link:
|Sesame Ginger Salad|
- Spicy Eggs, Bacon, Avocado and Homemade Salsa (9 a.m.)
- Almond Crusted Chicken over Baby Romaine (1 p.m.) recipe coming!
- 1 can albacore tuna in water, drained, with 1 tbsp mayo (2 p.m.)
- 1 larabar (5:30 p.m._
- Taco Burger (7 p.m.) recipe coming!
- 2 chocolate coconut clusters (8 p.m.) recipe coming!
- 1 scoop chocolate whey with 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (8:30 p.m.)
Paleo Day 6: Friday, June 1 - Leaving Atlanta - Will Paleo be Possible?
- 1 scoop vanilla whey with 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (7 a.m.)
- Eggs & Sweet Potato Hash (12 p.m.)
- Garlic Pork and Cauliflower Rice (4 p.m.)
- 1 can albacore tuna in water, drained with 1 tbsp mayo (5:30 p.m.)
- Chick Fil A chicken salad with homemade mustard vin (7 p.m.)
Friday was CRAZY at work - then we spent 4+ hours in the car driving to Alabama - LONG day, but we managed to stay Paleo, and got to see my mom, sis and beautiful nephew Dane when we got there!
Paleo Day 7: Saturday, June 2 - Drinking on Paleo - Slipped a little... & Did a Two-A-Day
- Spinach & Mushroom Frittata with Avocado & Salsa (7 a.m.) recipe coming!
- Power Yoga (80 minutes)
- 1 Banana
- 40 minutes Tabata Workout (full body)
- 1 cup strawberries
- Double Tomato Chicken over spinach (2 p.m.) recipe coming!
- Homemade frozen margarita & 1 Stella beer (4 p.m.) NOT paleo
- 8 cocktail shrimps; 10 Rosemary Crisps & a a few slices cheddar cheese NOT paleo
- 1 bunless beef burger
Had a GREAT day taking a Power Yoga class with a best friend from my hometown given BY a friend from my hometown whom i've known since kindergarten - so fun to see her in her element - great teacher! Afterwards, I visited the park with my mom, sis & Dane, then me and Erin picked up her husband and went to the gym and did a Tabata full-body workout! Then it was back to the house, then over to the pool for sun & drinks before going to Megan's for a BBQ - full, fun, family- and friend-filled day!
Paleo Day 8: Sunday, June 3 - Back to ATL and Back on the Paleo Wagon!
Pretty disappointed in myself for the cheese & beer but what are you going to do? Course correct - that's what! I woke up and made this:
|Standard paleo breakfast - 2 eggs, bacon, tomatoes, salsa & avocado|
Paleo Review: All in all, it's not that hard but I've GOT to review the following:
- on-the-go paleo snacks
- Paleo fast-food style - what to eat on the road (or what to prepare before leaving)
- Paleo appetizers - i've seen some and need to review again and make sure I bring a paleo app I love to ensure that I steer clear of cheese :)
Fun fact: I get to my hometown and am visiting with my friends and several of them are on Paleo! What?! Erin had been on it for 5 weeks and said she's lost almost 20 pounds and feels amazing!