Hello! Hope all is well with you all. I'm really trying to keep up more on blogging but am terribly behind on reading. Oy! Many I'm reading in my reader, but not commenting, so that's where I really want to focus. Speaking of focusing, our new Paleo-focused lifestyle is going well. We're really trying to make it our own and do what works best for us. I'm finding that i'll have 2 lower-calorie days and then 1 high day - i'd like to even that out a bit. I've lost a couple more pounds and am still feeling great! Here is a look at Days 8 - 10 on Paleo. Today is Day 11!
Paleo Day 8: Sunday, June 3 - On the Road back to ATL
Had a great weekend in Enterprise. Spent the a.m. with my family, then had to take off to Atlanta around lunch. It was TOUGH doing Paleo in the car - Paleo is definitely about preparation - restaurants are just NOT Paleo friendly, especially 'fast food' ones. :( Even in the convenience store we could only find sunflower seeds to eat and water to drink - eek! Once we got home we hit up Whole Foods pronto and stocked up for the week!
- ½ cup strawberries (8 a.m.)
- 2 eggs, bacon, tomatoes, salsa and ¼ avocado (9:30 a.m.)
- Zaxbys grilled chicken salad (no cheese, dressing or text toast) (12 p.m.)
- Sunflower seeds (2 p.m.)
- Larabar 3 p.m.
- Paleo Pork “Tacos” (6 p.m.) recipe coming!
- Sweet Potato Chips & Whole Foods Peach salsa (7:30 p.m.)
|Me & My Poodles - all with our big mouths open. hehe|
Paleo Day 9: Monday, June 4 - Another Paleo Monday
Monday started with a 3-mile a.m. walk and a smoothie. The day went well - just work, working through lunch - then it was home to Austin who had made THREE Barbecue sauces - all were amazing so we quickly put together a yummy BBQ chicken salad - recipes coming!
- Larabar (6:30 a.m.)
- Spinach, Egg & Sausage Frittata w/guacamole (8:30 a.m.)
- Larabar (11 a.m.)
- Indian Curry Chicken (2 p.m.)
- Banana+ 1 dove dark chocolate (5 p.m.)
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Salad (7 p.m.) recipe coming!
- Sweet Potato Chips & Whole Foods Peach Salsa (8:30 p.m.)
|Indian Curry Chicken -Yum - one of my recipes from the Paleo attempt in January :)|
Paleo Day 10: Tuesday, June 5 - An Exhausting Tuesday
Tuesday started with a 3-mile a.m. walk and a smoothie, much like the day prior! Then I just worked, ran errands during lunch (bank, Nordstrom, Zara), then home to Austin & the pups!
- Banana Smoothie (6:30 a.m.)
- Frittata Breakfast Casserole (9 a.m.) NEW RECIPE! photo below!
- Leftover BBQ Chicken (12 p.m.)
- Paleo Pork “Tacos” (2 p.m.)
- Sweet Potato Chips & Whole Foods Peach Salsa; Tomatoes in balsamic vinegar & oil (6 p.m.)
- Strawberry Smoothie & mini luna bar (8 p.m.)
|NEW Paleo breakfast - Southwest Frittata|
Q: Do you eat before you work out? I always have a bar or a piece of fruit, and lately a smoothie. I can't go on a FULL empty stomach lately.