Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Slowcooker Recipe, Eating Full-Fat, 2 Breakfasts/Day!

Hello! I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday - i'm just lounging around with my family, cooking a few more Paleo dishes, probably visiting Whole Foods, and definitely doing some at-home strength training! Here's what's been up Paleo-style!


Paleo Day 11: Wednesday, June 6 - Recipe Testing!
I tested several new recipes after the usual work day (a.m. workout - 2-mile walk + Jillian Legs 20 minutes). Here's one we LOVED - recipe coming soon:
Paleo Pizza Salad - FAB - it used a whole eggplant... I'd never even HAD eggplant before! :)
Paleo Day 12: Thursday, June 7 - Peach Salsa is My Weakness!
  • BIG Banana Smoothie (9 a.m.)
  • Leftover BBQ chicken (1 p.m.)
  • Peach Salsa & Sweet Potato Chips (4 p.m.)
  • Crockpot Ropa Vieja (8 p.m.) recipe coming!
  • 1 piece dark chocolate & 1 cup grapes (9 p.m.)
Peach salsa is becoming my FAVORITE salsa - I even tried making my own (in the food processor of course). I'm also still loving my smoothies - as in I have no idea what I did before them as i'm easily having 1/day - so amazing and filling. I'm assuming they're not as appealing in the winter? That's all I can figure!

Paleo Day 13: Friday, June 8 - My Body Wants Two Breakfasts?
Paleo Slowcooker Curry Beef Soup - new recipe!
Friday was a busy one, involving working through lunch and working late. Sigh! I didn't get a workout in, but I did have a productive day at the office before a nice, chill night with the family and the end of season 1's Mad Men! (we're finally getting caught up!) I also noticed that my body wants two breakfasts! I'm loving starting with a liquid breakfast right when I get up, and then having an egg-based breakfast at 11 or so - I think 4 meals may be best for me - rather than 3 meals and 2 snacks!

Paleo Day 14: Saturday, June 9 - Social with Paleo
  • 2 eggs with a tomato (7:30 a.m.)
  • Banana Smoothie (8:30 a.m.)
  • Guacamole and sweet potato crisps (11 a.m.)
  • Asian Chicken Stirfry + 1 piece Dark Chocolate (2 p.m.) recipe coming!
  • Buffalo Chicken Salad (6 p.m.) recipe coming!
  • ½ cup carrots and ½ cup cherry tomatoes (9 p.m.)
Saturday we got up early, had eggs and some tomatoes, then made a smoothie for the road - time to get down to Bark for Life! The puppers came, too, and we met up with Stacy/Shane and their puppers, and several of our co-workers. It was a nice event to support a great cause. Afterwards we headed home to a snack, chilling and some cooking - we even made Paleo Buffalo Chicken - awesome. Then it was off to Poker night with some of my other co-workers - chips, salsa, veggie tray and ranch - I avoided alcohol and helped myself to carrots and cherry tomatoes - yum!
4 friends, 4 pups and 1 baby on the way - can't wait to meet Baby Wilson in October!
Paleo Day 15: Sunday, June 10
  • 3 eggs with red onion, guacamole, tomato & balsamic-tomato vin (9 a.m.)
  • ½ cup strawberries (10 a.m.)
That's where i'm at so far today! Things are going well - a bit too busy for my liking but I'm happy and feel healthier than ever. Paleo is seeming less hard and more beneficial each day!

Q: How's your weekend going? Hope it's fun and relaxing - i've enjoyed our in-town weekend since we were gone last weekend and are gone this upcoming weekend!

Q: What is your take on 'fat'? Are you fat-free and reduced fat or full fat? I was fat-free and/or RF for YEARS - eating full-fat is definitely an adjustment, but a welcome one!

No comments: