Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Goal Assessment: Yes, My Pregnancy Changed My Goals!

Funny New Year's Ecard: Thanks for not laughing at my absurdly unattainable New Year's resolutions.
So this year I had decided to do my resolutions, to-dos, goals, etc. a bit different. Instead of listing them out somewhat arbitrarily, I decided to look at it more in the lines of what I hope to do each day, week, month, quarter, etc. - this way I could focus a bit more on what I really want to do! At the time, this made sense, but I honestly won't do it this way again! I'd rather do it by months - I felt like it was hard to keep up with this way, hard to track and honestly, once I found out I was pregnant, I kind of gave up on the whole thing as the pregnancy made some of my goals not even possible! Anywho - in keeping with 'a look back' - here is how I did against what I set out to do!


Daily To Do/To-Enjoys


1. Each day I want to focus on the positive, enjoy my family and puppers, think about/call/email loved ones, blog (even if it's just a photo), read blogs (even if it's just one post from one of my favorite writers), do something active (even if it's just stretching on off days!), eat healthified, home-cooked meals, and read something inspiring or motivating! Definitely carved out a lot of 'me' time in 2012 - i'm proud of this, and hope it continues as life is about to get crazy with Beckett's arrival!
2. Track calories until goal weight is reached (115). Pregnant in May so this wasn't really an option! HOWEVER, I plan to have a goal weight for post-baby in 2013!

Weekly To-Do/To-Enjoys 

3. Have date night.going well! Need to make sure to keep this a priority after Beckett's arrival!
4. Measure on Thursdays. (to help show progress the scale may not show!) was going well, but stopped measuring/weighing/etc. once I got pregnant - didn't want to stress myself out.
5. Relax: Read a magazine and do at least 30 minutes of yoga/stretching. This went well! Kept up my stretching during the pregnancy and think it helped.
6. Try out churches in our area - hopefully find one! didn't happen this year. :( On to next year!
7. Make at least 1 new recipe. didn't happen each week. I posted about 40 recipes in 2012, but the cooking/trying new things went down A LOT with the pregnancy as Beckett wouldn't let me eat meat for a few months, never let me eat seafood, and, to be honest, most food just sounded gross for most of the pregnancy. 

Monthly To-Do/To-Enjoys 

8. Make and follow monthly workout plans (to include P90X/strength training, spinning, and running). was going well; once I got pregnant, I kept up walking 3- 4 days per week, but stopped running for sure.
9. Read 2-3 fiction books and 1 nonfiction book. (40/year). Attend book club! Didn't do well at ALL with reading - was too busy reading 'baby stuff' and baby books which I didn't review like normal food!
10. Make 1 'fun with food' recipe - bentos, snacks, etc. Hope to get into this more once Beckett is here, especially since most of it is 'kiddie' food for when she's older!
11. Find, edit and healthify 5 recipes to prepare for cooking. Gave this up around mid-year, but hope to do A LOT more healthifying and cooking in 2013.

Quarterly To-Do/To-Enjoys

12. Create a step-by-step meal plan. Definitely didn't do this each quarter - wasn't cooking much. :(
13. Do a family videos (1/quarter - spring, summer, fall, winter!) Didn't create ONE video this year, don't even know where the camera is. Sigh! Next year i'm sure I'll have Beckett videos. :)

One-time-only/Ongoing To-Do/To-Enjoys

14. Find master bedroom items: small bench for Remy & reupholster chaise; focus on updating the laundry room, bathrooms and the hallway. Did a good bit of this - no luck on bench or chaise, but did update the bathroom, kitchen and did a good bit of home reno!
15. Do home upgrades including 'stairs' project, flooring in guest bath and printing/framing more pictures! We did the pictures, had carpet installed upstairs and on the stairs and did tile in the upstairs bath. We also did kitchen backsplash and crown in 3 rooms, as well as woodwork up the stairs and new windows for next to the front door!
16. Make 2010 photo book; make 2011 photo book; make wedding book. My goal is to work on some 'back log' books during maternity leave (assuming I have any downtime...) - and to just be okay with them not being perfect, maybe some photos will be missing, etc., but they'll be done and will help us remember such great times!
17. Do a household budget. a LOT of progress made - we're hoping to finish by end of year (have time off this weekend)
18. Learn how to sew on a button, how to use my food processor and how to use my steamer. Never learned to sew a button... seriously - this seems like an easy one but yet didn't happen!
19. Reorganize my career goals/notes/tips/etc.; share my 20 under 20 minute recipes;  reorganize my to-make recipes;  Did a great job organizing the recipes, but have a lot of work to do with my career goal/notes organization!
20. Accomplish fitness goals: build to where I can run 6 miles straight at 6.3 mph (9.5-minute miles); run 3 miles straight at 7.5 mph (8-minute miles); run a 5K race (first race ever!). Nope - but these can become post-Beckett goals! First step post-Beckett related to workout? Starting C25K again! And probably doing P90 again.

Overall, I feel like we had a wonderful 2012! Highlights include: Auburn in Chick-fil-A bowl; Family ski trip in Breck; week-long vacation in Mexico; I'm pregnant! I'm having a girl! Nursery planning! Baby showers! you name it... :); My 30th Birthday couples lake trip; going Paleo; Hosting St. Patty's Beer Fest; Celebrating Scott & Mary's engagement, wedding, etc.; Celebrating Dane's (my nephew!) first birthday; Celebrating Tyler's UGA graduation; Father's Day lake Trip; Volunteering to remember a lost co-worker at Relay for Life and Bark for Life; North Carolina for my cousin Matt's Wedding; Vegas (twice!) for work and for play - but with 2 cirque shows!; Auburn 5 times... all losses but fun with friends; meeting Stacy's baby girl Lola; photo shoots! (gender reveal & maternity) - you name it you guys, it was such a challenging year at work but such a fun year overall and I can't BELIEVE that i'm going to be a MOM in 6 weeks (or less!) - crazytown.

Q: What are you looking most forward to in 2013? Mine is easy - i'm looking forward to meeting my daughter Beckett in February! (unless she comes early.... oh my!)

I hope to have my 2013 goals done by tomorrow but I have NO doubt that little Beckett and the formation of our family will keep my goals in check reality wise - so i'm going to not put TOO much on my plate! :)

No comments: