Thursday, January 3, 2013

13 2013 Goals

Yes, it's that time of year again where I optimistically decide what I hope to accomplish in the year to come! My biggest goals are obviously Beckett-focused! Delivering a happy, healthy baby in February, being able to successfully breastfeed, celebrating all of her milestones to the fullest, being the mom she needs, the list goes on! These will definitely 'trump' other goals, but it's still good to know what I want to accomplish outside of being a great mom! So outside of the many, many Beckett-related goals, here is what I hope to take on in 2013!
  1. One word: Beckett. :) I realize this isn't a goal - at all - but it's a constant reminder of my #1 priority!
  2. Make 40 new recipes
  3. Go Paleo post-pregnancy started on 9/16
  4. Get my body back in shape post-pregnancy! (not until April 1)
    • Track calories in Spark People 
    • Measure on Thursdays
    • Create, post and follow monthly workout plans to include walking/running/C25K, spinning, P90X and strength training 
    • Reach goal weight: 120 (ultimate goal: 115) having a tough time; 138 as of 10/9
  5. Try out churches in our area. 
  6. Purge unwanted/unused items and donate or Craiglist them. 
  7. Read 40 books (including nonfiction!). 
  8. Create two new step-by-step meal plans. These aren't really relevant anymore since I am at home - I can pre-cook much smaller portions now!
  9. Do 4 family videos: winter, spring, summer, fall 
  10. Do 5 family photo books: Make 2010 book; Make 2011 book; Make Pregnancy Book; Make Wedding Book; Make Auburn book; Start Beckett Book 
  11. Finalize household budget; refinance home; etc. 
  12. Reorganize my career goals/notes/tips/etc., and get involved in PRSA (professional organization; still working to define what 'involvement' means!) Ended up resigning from job in June - no longer need to focus on this!
  13. House Updates
    • Have entryway and hallway painted 
    • Paint living room and guest room 
    • Have pool table shipped to Birmingham & Austin moved to office; rearrange house accordingly! 
    • Buy bookcases, desks, dining chairs, etc.
    • Upgrade all door knobs 
    • Frame new art for stairwell & new library/office 
    • Hang art up stairwell 
    • Find small bench for Remy 
    • Reupholster chaise no longer a priority now that I've quit my job
    • Reorganize Kitchen cabinets - make 'bar' area moved all items out, haven't added them in!
    • Consider bathroom updates (new lighting, counter tops, sinks, shower stall, hardware, etc.) no longer a priority now that I've quit my job
    • Consider spindle updates (on stairs) dito
    • Consider new front door dito
Clearly some of these can’t be started yet being that I’m still pregnant and that I’m going to be just a tad preoccupied with Miss Beckett (duh!), but here is what I hope to accomplish in January! 
  1. Make 2 new recipes. 
  2. Purge unwanted/unused items and donate or Craiglist them. 
  3. Read 2 books. (Beckett-related: New Mother's Guide to Breastfeeding and On Becoming Baby Wise)
  4. Carry my video camera around – shoot video! 
  5. Make 2010 Photo Book 
  6. Finalize household budget 
  7. Have entryway and hallway painted 
  8. Paint Living room and guest room 
  9. Have pool table shipped to Birmingham & Austin moved to office; rearrange house accordingly! 
  10. Buy bookcases, desks, dining chairs, etc. 
  11. Upgrade all door knobs
Q: What are your goals this year - To-Dos, To-Enjoys, etc.?!

Q: What is one thing you hope to accomplish this month?

For more on goals, past goals, past assessments, how I set goals, etc., visit here!

1 comment:

Beef Recipes said...

Grateful for you writing this