Friday, July 26, 2013

FIT Class, Indian Simmer Sauces

Happy Friday! Officially ready for the weekend - yay! While I LOVE being here with Beckett 24/7, I love the weekend, too, when she gets so much daddy time in - pretty sweet!

Wednesday was another good day! Up at 6:30 a.m. to prep for the day, morning bottle/playtime/solids with Beckett until 8:30, then prep for departure to the gym! I took a really tough strength training class that focuses mostly on compound moves and the bosu ball.

The back of my legs are still burning. In the 52-minute class (I include warm-up and class - not cool down), I burned 342 calories. Works for me! I can assure you I never would have worked that hard on my own. I just wouldn't think, for instance, to do this exercise with my hands on a bosu ball and with a dumbbell tucked behind my knee - what? haha Clearly this chick below thought of it! (at least the dumbbell part!)
image source
Then I headed home and had lunch with this little lady! Her? Peaches and Oats. Me? Curry - duh. My 'easy go to' lately has been these Indian simmer sauces.

My favorites are the Madras and Tikka Masala!
I just dice up a pound of chicken and cook it in a pan over medium heat, then simmer it with this sauce, covered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, I bring a cup of basmati rice and two cups of water to boil - cover and simmer for 18. Four servings in 20 minutes - easy peasy!

The rest of the day went by well! And Thursday was relatively uneventful - I had worked out Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so my achy body requested a day off from working out and I said sure! I spent the day with my little bug - here's a pic!
Little onesie from my awesome chiropractor! hehe
And during her naps I decluttered our bedroom - majorly - including reworking the whole closet. WOO!

Q: What has been your easy go to lately?

Q: Any fun plans this weekend?!

No comments: