Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Saw It, Pinned It, Did It! Beckett's Memory Box

So I started noticing we had a lot of 'Beckett Stuff.' Things like birth certificates, keepsakes like her birth announcement, cards from her family and friends, etc. I immediately made a 'Beckett Box' for the Kitchen Business Center, but, like her '0 - 3 Month' clothes, she quickly grew out of it!

Then I visited Pinterest and found this - time to make one for Beckett! Austin's mom had given Austin this 'travel file box,' and after a quick trip to Target for hanging file folders ($6), and a little fun with my label maker I quickly put together this memory box for Beckett that will hopefully grow with her!
I figure if, for some reason, she grows out of it by, say, the 'second grade' tab, I can simply move those file folders to a new box and label them 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 or whatever. Regardless, I'm excited to have this in place. Right now, the 'Baby Info', 'Health Records', 'Documents', 'Cards' and 'Portraits' are already loaded up with her things!

$6 for one spot for all of her stuff?! DONE AND DONE! To make one of your own without having a box on hand would cost about $20 and a trip to Target or Wal-Mart!

Q: How do you keep up with you and your family/pet/children's things?! I'm always looking for ideas to keep this clutter in CHECK!

No comments: