Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Two Book Reviews

I have been meaning to post these, so here goes!

First, I read Kate White's Hush. I have loved all of her novels, most based on Bailey, a likable character who works as a writer at a tabloid and always stumbles on dead bodies and helps solve crimes. Good stuff. This one was about a different character, Lake, a mother of two going through a divorce who stumbles on a dead body. I liked it - definitely a few twists and I was scared several times. But other times I had that "OMG, don't go in the woods alone" feelings which annoy me. Because of that, I give it a 2.5/5.

Next, I read  Garth Stein's The Art of Racing in the Rain. It was amazing. I seriously give it a 5/5. There was nothing I didn't love, I flew through it reading it in just a couple of days (no small feat with a 4-month old). It was told from the perspective of a dog and how he understands the world through his owner.
It was funny, it was sad, I seriously laughed out loud and cried so hard it hurt. I heard they're making a movie out of this and I can't wait to see it - it is a book that should be read by everyone - easy to get into it and ultimately uplifiting I. just. loved. it.

SO, lots of reading going on! I'm now reading Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl . . . it's good! I'm going to the gym for a 4-mile walk today - plan to knock out a good bit of it on the treadmill!

Now I have 4 recipes to post - eek! Loving cooking - I knew I was feeling it and found so many wonderful recipes to make (don't we all have too many to make?!). I hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday - expect at least one recipe tomorrow!

No comments: