Tuesday, September 24, 2013

August 2013 Goal Assessment; September Goals!

I just found this NOT published in my queue - OOPSIE! On to what I had written but not posted ... :)And it's fall. Wow. I have officially been Beckett's stay-at-home mom for almost three solid months. Crazy! I'm definitely into getting into a new rhythm, but I will say this month really hit me like wow, this is your life now. You are not on extended maternity leave. This change is something I chose, and something I wanted, but I think we all know that when you make a big change you leave a part of yourself behind. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I do feel like sometimes I don't recognize myself! Anyway - enough brain/feelings dump. Here is a look at what we set out to do in August, and what we accomplished!

1. Declutter these spaces: (1) attic; (2) garage; (3) master bedroom nightstands; (4) pantry; (5) guest room closets; (6) Upstairs Den closets; (7) Kitchen Cabinets; (8) Laundry Room; (9) Top shelf of closet/shoes. Yeah no, I decluttered nothing. I wasn't feeling it and I just don't think a good productive declutter happens unless you're feeling it. So perhaps in September?
2. Apply David Allen's 'Getting Things Done' principles to house (related to above declutter!). Couldn't really do it without the first one - on to September.
3. Workout/wear HRM for at least 5 days/hours per week: 3 - 4 classes and 2 - 3 walks. I think I did great here! Maybe closer to 2 - 3 classes and 2 walks but I felt like I really made this a focus. I didn't lose anymore weight this month, but didn't gain any either. I hope to lose more weight in September and continue to keep this a focus.
4. Beckett Activities: (1) Finalize '6 - 9 Month activities' for Beckett; do 3 new activities per week. (2) Catch up on Beckett's monthly favorites - Do Months 1 - 5. (3) Make new foods: prunes, green beans, peas, bananas and avocados. (4) Start photo replication project I did all of these except for catching up on monthly favorites - moving that to September along with other new goals!
5. Finish Study: (1) find new bookcase solution/purchase/decorate; (2) remove tables/rug that will not live in this room; (3) put together desk; (4) hang NY canvas; (5)  print and frame family/Beckett photos; (6) determine where to hang things, if we want to get a chair/ottoman, if we want to go ahead and put together Beckett's table/activity center. Couldn't really make progress here without shelves, but hope to put a major dent in this in September now that our shelves, as I type, are being built! Special thanks to Sharon for the contractor recommendation!
6. Get new mailbox installed. Well, I did have it installed.. but I don't like it. So I'm not counting this one as done until I like it. LOL


Like last month, a lot went on this month!

August 1: Trip to Nordstrom & Lunch with Billy
August 2: Photo Shoot with Joleen for House of Mia
August 3: Another Photo Shoot with Joleen; Walk with Sharon; Visit from Scott & Mary
August 4: Visit from my mom
August 5: Strength Trainin class
August 6: Cardio Class
August 8: Beckett is 6 months old!; Incline Walk at Gym
August 9: Grocery store; 3 hours of shopping on my own
August 10: Walk with Sharon; Oil Change; Gavin's First Birthday
August 11: Walk with Sharon
August 12: Austin's Birthday! Strength Training Class
August 13: Cardio Class; Reuben & Remy grooming
August 14: Austin's Mom visited!; chiropractor; shopping; Chris's Wedding Shower; Austin's Birthday dinner with the Blanco's at Joey D's - busy day!
August 15: Incline Walk at Gym; Visit from Aunt Sharon; trip to Pediatrician for 6-month checkup
August 16: Biometric Screening; no more Michelle - sad!; walk with Ashley & McKenzie at Greenway
August 17: Dinner & Sleepover at Monica & Andy's
August 18: Jake's First Birthday Party
August 19: Strength Training Class; Visit with Leigh Ann
August 20: Cardio Class; Mom's Group Book Club
August 21; Grocery store, bank, Nordstrom Rack for returns
August 22: Consignment Sale with Moms
August 23: Core Class
August 24: Walk with Sharon; Chris & Erin's Wedding
August 25: Grocery Store, Ballard's & tons of cooking
August 26: Strength Training Class
August 27: Cardio Class; Shopping with Michelle; Visit to Sharon's to see Bookshelves; Michelle stayed over
August 28: More shopping with Michelle for Becks; Lunch with Austin; Movie Night at Chanel's
August 29: Major packing for lake; Walk with Ashley; Visit from Bookshelf contractor
August 30: Core Class; pack everything; drive to Alabama for Lake Weekend for Labor Day;  Read Between, Georgia (need to do review!)
August 31: Full, fun day at the lake
So what are the September goals? Well, they're VERY similar to my August goals, but a little more 'doable.'

1. Declutter these spaces: (1) master bedroom nightstands; (2) pantry; (3) Laundry Room; (4) Top shelf of closet/shoes
2. Apply David Allen's 'Getting Things Done' principles to house (related to above declutter!).
3. Workout/wear HRM for at least 5 days/hours per week: 3 - 4 classes and 2 - 3 walks
4. Beckett Activities: (1) Do 3 new activities per week. (2) Catch up on Beckett's monthly favorites - Do Months 1 - 5. (3) Make new foods: apricot, chicken, turkey,  cauliflower, and yellow squash. (4) Participate in at least 4 playdates.
5. Finish Study: (1) have new bookshelves installed - decorate! (2) remove tables/rug that will not live in this room; (3) put together desk; (4) hang NY canvas; (5)  print and frame family/Beckett photos; (6) determine where to hang things, if we want to get a chair/ottoman, if we want to go ahead and put together Beckett's table/activity center.
6. Get new mailbox installed.

And I can't leave without a few favorite Beckett photos... :)


August 1
August 4

August 11
August 13
August 19
August 22
August 29
WOO - what a month! Can't believe summer is over and we're into fall. I mean, college football is already back - what?!

Q: What is one thing you hope to accomplish in September?

No comments: