Thursday, June 17, 2010

Movie Review, 5.5 Miles, Cooking Half-Marathon, Reunion?

So I apologize in advance. Today was CRAZY and I didn’t have time to take pictures of my dresses, take pictures of my marathon cooking or take pictures in general! Eek! I also didn’t have time to read blogs – grrrr. Where did the day go? Oh yes, it was s.l.a.m.m.e.d. Before backing up, thanks for your comments on my last post - cracked me UP - loved the shoe comments! I want to go try them on for sure - I think they could go either way and it definitely depends on what you pair them with!! I'm hoping to make it over there Sunday when I get back in town!!

So Wednesday I ended up high on calories, probably because we ordered a pizza even though we had meals in the fridge – SHAME! Haha I ended up at 1,914 calories, 238 carbs, 65 fat grams and 115 protein grams. Here’s what I ate. Whilst eating pizza we watched Avatar.
Yes, I had never seen it – crazy – it just never worked out. But we watched, stayed up a bit too late to do so and just LOVED it. What a great story. Wow. It had a lot in it for me – some District 9 and a little bit of Star Wars - but overall, it to me really dealt with social issues, but it also put Americans, or at least American military contractors, in a negative light. I tried to focus more on the story, the native people and their beliefs, the struggle between wanting to stand up for what you believe in but not wanting to get too far gone I guess… I don’t know – I thought the main character did an amazing job making his struggle feel real in a setting that felt so far from real!

Today was a rough day! I was SO busy with work, slammed really. I hate when it rains it pours but it’s a saying for a reason! I worked, worked through lunch, and a little after 5 had to take a break so I headed to the gym. I did the following:

  • Walked 3 minutes at 4.0 mph
  • Ran 15 minutes at 6.3 mph
  • Ran 1 minute at 7.5 mph
  • Ran 1 minute at 6.3 mph

This was exactly 20 minutes and exactly 2 miles! Then I walked for another 3.5 miles (53 minutes). Great workout! I'm definitely not where I had gotten with C25K, but i'm making it my own and trying to improve as best I can! I really hope to get back to my 28 minutes again - and beyond - I think I can do it! During my walk I got a lot read in the Star Spangled Murder – such a cute book. :)

I headed home and got to cooking. Me & Austin made 4 servings of skillet lasagna, 4 servings of green salsa chimichangas, 4 servings of hummus chicken salad, 4 servings of Garlic tomato chicken curry and rice and 4 servings of Chicken Tetrazzini. Cooking event indeed! Then we had a couple of glasses of wine, I got packed up for the reunion and was out! I ended up at 1,755 calories, 213 carbs, 40 fat gram and 95 protein grams. Here’s what I ate.

Q: Have you seen Avatar? If so, what did you think?

Q: I’m off to my 10-year high school reunion tomorrow. Did you go to yours? If not, why not? If you haven’t had one yet, do you plan to go?

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on the run! C25k worked really well for me and I had tried so many times to run before! My 10 yr is coming up in a few years, I think that I will go. I havent seen Avatar yet, but I want to!!

lee@In My Tummy said...

I did go to my 10-year. It was over Thanksgiving so I was home. I am not sure if I would have travelled home for it (500 miles away) if it wasn't over a holiday weekend. Most people looked exactly the same!

Anonymous said...

My high school has the oldest active alumni association in the country so yes -- reunions are BIG in my hometown. They are held in five year increments always the weekend before graduation so everyone celebrates on the same weekend.

We have a huge parade through town. Each class that is celebrating a reunion that year has a float entered in the parade and there is a big contest to judge the winners. It is very "Norman Rockwell" and old fashioned. I love it!

I have been to all my reunions so far with the big 3-0 coming up in a couple of years. It was always so exciting to see people I hadn't seen in ages. Now with Facebook - the "fun" is kind of ruined since we all know what each other looks like, how many kids we have, what they all look like, etc. etc. It's still a fun event though. Have a blast!

homecookedem said...

My 10 year reunion isn't until next year. I'll probably go, but I know I'll be nervous before! I think it'll be fun though to see how everyone has changed (or not changed?). I hope you have a wonderful time at yours!! :)

I haven't seen Avatar. Doesn't appeal to me.

Anonymous said...

My 10 year reunion is this year-I'm not sure if I'm going or not.

Megan said...

I just saw Avatar for the first time as well! I was one of those that had NO interest whatsoever to see it but my boyfriend finally convinced me to watch it..(he got a new tv and wanted to see the blue-ray, or something?). I absolutely LOVED it! I was so surprised that I loved it but it really was fantastic! As for a high-school reunion, I don't think I would go to mine..that's what facebook is for, ha!

Sweet As Boys said...

I LOVED Avatar! I was lucky to see it in 3D at the theatre...now THAT was amazing! It felt like you were right there.

Great job on the C25K! I tried it once and got to about the 3rd or 4th week, then winter happened and I hybernated ;) Maybe some day, but great job! :)

Kelly Pearce said...

My 10 year reunion is in August and we are going! I am actually really excited to go. Ah, the good old days! Hope you enjoy yours!

Anonymous said...

i LOVED avatar! I wish you could have seen it in the theaters. It was absolutely amazing in 3d! beautiful love story :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a fast sprint at the end - you go girl!!

Have fun at your reunion. You'll find your 10 year reunion will be all about bragging what kind of car you have or where you live - my 20th reunion was much more down to earth - and sadly my 25th is next year!

Yep, I am officially old!

Mica said...

Wow, you really have been busy between work, workouts, movies, and cooking!

Let's see, I have seen "Avatar," and I really was not impressed. I don't think dialogue or creative story lines are James Cameron's strong points, so everything felt really cliché. I also got annoyed that there wasn't much description or focus on the actual Na'vi people. Instead, it seemed like the filmmakers just substituted vaguely "African" rituals and archetypes for general Otherness.

And I haven't been to my 10-year reunion yet because we have five years to go! I missed my five-year one, so I hope I can make it to ten!

Anonymous said...

I saw Avatar in 3D and it was INSANE!! I LOVE that movie but the 3d effects literally made the movie 20 times cooler

Gabriela said...

I haven't seen Avatar, because I'm stubborn. It's so silly: Titanic will always be my favorite movie, and one of my friends pointed out that Avatar has made more than Titanic (unadjusted for inflation though...Titanic still made more). Just because of that comment, I refuse to give money to the Avatar trend!! I'm weird, I know. Don't mess with me and Titanic :) hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

I saw Avatar 3D in the theater. I really liked it!
I didn't go to my 10 year high school reunion because I was pregnant and close to my due date and didn't want to travel. :)

Gabriela said...

I haven't seen Avatar, because I'm stubborn. It's so silly: Titanic will always be my favorite movie, and one of my friends pointed out that Avatar has made more than Titanic (unadjusted for inflation though...Titanic still made more). Just because of that comment, I refuse to give money to the Avatar trend!! I'm weird, I know. Don't mess with me and Titanic :) hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I saw Avatar in 3D and it was INSANE!! I LOVE that movie but the 3d effects literally made the movie 20 times cooler

dailygoods said...

i LOVED avatar! I wish you could have seen it in the theaters. It was absolutely amazing in 3d! beautiful love story :)

Miss. Pretty said...

I just saw Avatar for the first time as well! I was one of those that had NO interest whatsoever to see it but my boyfriend finally convinced me to watch it..(he got a new tv and wanted to see the blue-ray, or something?). I absolutely LOVED it! I was so surprised that I loved it but it really was fantastic! As for a high-school reunion, I don't think I would go to mine..that's what facebook is for, ha!

~L~ from Decorated and Exhaust said...

I LOVED Avatar! I was lucky to see it in 3D at the theatre...now THAT was amazing! It felt like you were right there.

Great job on the C25K! I tried it once and got to about the 3rd or 4th week, then winter happened and I hybernated ;) Maybe some day, but great job! :)