Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mexican Quinoa Skillet, Lunch with the Girls

Ahhh - I got so behind again! Real quick update: Thursday I just worked and worked and worked with no workouts. BOO. TOM also arrived - lovely. Friday I woke up early and took  a 1-hour spin class then worked and worked. I DID have a great lunch with Stacy & Melissa at Seasons 52! I had my favorite, chicken and garlic flatbread, and of course enjoyed hanging out with those two to celebrate (belated) Mel's birthday. No pics, boo - but a great time! After work I headed home and had a couple of beers with  Austin before going to bed - all in all, a pretty great Friday! Another reason it was great? I couldn't resist... I had to make a new recipe as I was CRAVING some quinoa!
Mexican Quinoa Skillet
Inspired by a $5 Dinners Recipe
Makes 4 Servings

Nutritional Information: 450 calories, 59 carbs, 8 fat grams and 36 protein grams.
Awesome, healthy, filling, rainbow recipe! I was really happy with this one, especially since it's a one-pot (or skillet!) recipe - I love when you don't have to cook the carb in a separate pot! Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

Q: Fan of quinoa? What's your favorite grain?


Q: What are you up to this weekend? 

No comments: