Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Meal Plan "Monday"; New Honey Lime Enchiladas; Hello Kitty!

Happy Tuesday following a Monday holiday! In other words the worst kind of Monday! hehe Today I got up in time to work out. My sickness had me not working out all weekend so, while I wasn't going to do anything too strenuous, I was in for at least a walk. However, the weather has been so bad here it was still raining and nasty so even though I pulled on to the hwy at 6:40 a.m., traffic was already backed up. grrrrr. No worries though, I just went to the new gym (in my building!), got ready there, and locked my stuff up. I spoke to the new fitness manager and she was like come take my class at 11:45. I was like, "Okay!" She's super perky so i'll need that! Here's all that's been up here:
  • Been sick with bronchitis - laying in bed, drinking water since about noon on Saturday. Thank you all for your sweet comments - I am feeling better (sore throat is gone; all that is left is nasty cough and congestion). 
  • Did make it to Auburn, barely - but was glad to see my Tigers pull out a win!
  • I researched Fall TV and found 14 new shows to watch
  • I found these Hello Kitty snacks on Pinterest and must replicate! Now I've just got to find Kero Kero Keroppi-inspired food as he was my favorite Sanrio character!
    Hello Kttty mini pizzas with pepperoni bows! Seriously? I don't know if I'd be able to eat them though... I worry i'd assign human attributes to these little snacks!
  • I have a new recipe to share - you know I can't completely put down the cooking even when life gets too busy. They are Honey Lime Enchiladas! Not the best pic, forgive me. :)
Makes 5 Servings
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen CafĂ© (found on Stephanie Cooks)

Nutritional Information (for two enchiladas): 442 calories, 59 carbs, 7 fat grams and 35 protein grams.

We loved 'em, especially Austin! They have a distinct flavor with the honey mixed with lime, and I loved how cheesy and saucy they came out.  I liked that it had flour instead of corn tortillas - mixed it up a bit! I also thought the serving was filling. These will be made again, and I think they would freeze/reheat very well! Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

And last but not least, to bring back Meal Plan Monday (even though it's Tuesday), here's what's on the agenda for this week. This week was a bit different as I have a crisper full of random veggies so I based my meals on those that were about to go bad. Next week I'll go back to normal and only have what I need on hand. Must start weighing veggies in the store again! Anyway - here goes:

Chicken & Mushroom Risotto - have mushrooms and parsley to use up!


Bourbon Chicken - have apple juice to use up and I need a new picture of this AND an update to make it 4 servings and a bit less caloric.


Buffalo Chicken Pizza - have dough and blue cheese crumbles to use and I've been CRAVING "buffalo-flavored stuff."


Chinese Noodles with Beef  - have some carrots to use and, somehow, TWO bottles of hoisin sauce in the fridge - it's on. And bonus for Austin - this is one of his favorites. :)


Chipotle Chicken & Rice -one of my favorites! And I have a few bell peppers on their last leg so here goes!


Spicy Potato & Bacon Bake - no reason to make this really but I DO have bacon on hand and the jalapeno cheese is already grated so the tough part is done!


Aside from the above, I have a couple of new recipes to make - YAY. One is a breakfast - yum!


Q: What are you making this week?


Q: Do you sometimes get a little sad eating cute food that looks like beloved characters from your childhood? hehe pretty specific question... clearly I do! haha


Q: Did or do you have a favorite sanrio character? Here's a refresher... Growing up I loved Hello Kitty, Keroppi, Pekkle, Pochacco and Spottie Dottie. There was also a caterpillar I was quite fond of that I can't find online, and a bear. I must find those two! And yes, some of the ones below were either before or after my time, or didn't make it to the states as they were new to me! That little Cinnamaroll is presh, no? 


No comments: