Sunday, October 30, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza Cups, Captain America, Family Weekend

Hello! Hope you all had great weekends - I'm so sad that this one is winding down. While I wasn't 100%, I honestly felt so relaxed, really enjoyed myself and got caught up on everything from laundry and cooking to work and my DVR. It was just awesome. I also got to see my family, which was so nice! Let me back up, but FIRST let me share an awesome new recipe we've been munching on and loving!
BBQ Chicken Pizza Cups
Makes 4 Servings or 12 appetizers
Recipe Inspired by For the Love of Cooking

Nutritional Information (for 3): 448 calories, 49 carbs, 16 fat grams and 25 protein grams. For 1 (appetizer): 149 calories, 16 carbs, 5 fat grams and 8 protein grams.

Review: LOVED THESE LITTLE GUYS! I had 3 for a meal and was filled up and happy - the flavor was great, the fresh parsley gave it a nice twist and I really liked that BBQ chicken flavor, especially with the blend of cheeses. Awesome little bites - think they would make a great appetizer and tested them - they reheat well. I'm loving the biscuit cup idea I got from Pam, and hope to try more mix ins to the biscuit bites! Try these if you're a fan of BBQ pizza! Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen. 

And backing up, Friday I slept in and spent my morning in back-to-back meetings, worked over lunch, stayed busy all afternoon then headed straight home to a hot shower, medicine and my PJs. I was still feeling motivated to finish up work, so Austin played video games in his man room/our upstairs den, and he set me up in there with my computer & his iPad so I could stream netflix! Not. too. shabby. I got a ton done, then took a break to have a pizza dinner & a movie night - CAPTAIN AMERICA! I thought it was good. A little long, but a great, feel-good story. Loved that Tommy Lee was in it - total surprise, but happy to see him!


Saturday I woke up and felt a bit better. I rested all a.m., then Austin headed to an HOA meeting. My mom was in town, so I gave her a call to see if she wanted to meet up. She mentioned needing to hit up a Gap, so I met her and her friend Steve at the mall, then Devon came up and met us!
Nothing like a food court iPhone shot!
We had a Starbucks drink, visited a few stores (Sephora, Bare Escentuals, Gap, Macy's, Banana!), bought some powder, and hung out for a couple of hours, then I headed back home, had Taco Mac with Austin, watched football (Auburn won!), and then called it a night - falling asleep on the couch!

Today was super chill. Slept in, hung with the pups, did laundry and cooked a few recipes, went to Devon's to visit her family and see my mom, and of course to see little Dane bug. I love seeing that happy little boy, and even got to feed him a bottle! He's getting to be such a big boy!
Me and my perfect little nephew!
So all in all, sick and all, and with a bit too much work for a weekend, I had a good one and was so glad to be able to see my family so much, see little Dane, enjoy family time with Austin & the pups and just rest and feel better about being caught up.

Q: How was your weekend? Fast & Furious or Chill & Relaxing? Ours was definitely chill and relaxing, and i'm happy to say I feel better - hope to be at least 90% tomorrow, and am going to try to work out in the a.m.!


Q: Have you seen Captain America yet? If so, what did you think?


Q: BBQ pizza fan? I never order it myself, but whenever I have it I love it. Happy to be able to make a yummy, healthified variation at home. And honeslty, if you worry the calories are too high, you could easily do reduced fat biscuits, 3 (instead of 4) oz. of cheese, and a lower-calorie BBQ sauce. I was happy with it as is though!

No comments: