Friday, November 4, 2011

Peppery Pork Pasta, 5 Reasons I'm Happy Today!

Morning! Hope you're all having great weeks! I'm trying to stay positive by focusing on the following:
  1. It's freaking Friday. Of course it is. It should have been Friday on Tuesday - it's been one of those weeks! 
  2. The upcoming Time change. I'm a fan of 'falling back' - turning my clock backward on Sunday! This gives me an extra hour, right? Kind of? In theory?
  3. The colder weather. It's been downright chilly here and I love it. I'm carving out a good part of the weekend to tuck away all of my sandals and sundresses and bring my boots and coats front and center. Yes, this kind of thing is exciting for me!
  4. More slowcooker recipes. I'm SO pumped to get out my two slowcookers and get some new chilis, stews, soups, pastas - you name it - going. It's the perfect season to slowcook, and my other goal is to work butternut squash into everything, starting with a risotto. I'm. so. excited.
  5. Upcoming holidays.  I'm taking a week off for Thanksgiving. YES. A week. Even better, I'll be spending it with my family and Austin's family together - so exciting. This means lots of time with little Dane bug, too. What was he for Halloween? I'm so glad you asked. He was a lobster... 
I mean SERIOUSLY - be cuter! Not possible!

Speaking of cooking, while this isn't a slowcooker recipe it was pretty dang good!
Peppery Pork with Creamy Tomato Sauce
Makes 4 Servings
Recipe adapted from For the Love of Cooking

Nutritional Information: 432 calories, 51 carbs, 8 fat grams and 38 protein grams.


Review: We've now made this one twice - it's just so good! I love the soft egg noodles and how well they go with the beefy/tomato/creamy sauce. The spinach and mushrooms boost up the veggie quotient (which I'm really trying to get better at!), and it came together quickly. I think it's a great, easy recipe that reheats well, and I'm happy to be finding more pork recipes that I enjoy.  I highly recommend this one. Check out the recipe on Healthified Kitchen!

What else has been up? Lots of work, lots of TV watching (favorites are officially Revenge, Hart of Dixie and Ringer), and a bit of working out: Wednesday started with strength training and abs (shoulders/triceps focus), Thursday was a rest day and today began with a 2-mile run, 1/2 mile walk and abs and legs. I've also been doing a bit of shopping - mostly at Banana. LOVE their fall stuff. And lastly, a reason i've been happy all WEEK is because  Tuesday I found out that the surgeon didn't have to cut anymore! He got the mole & all of it's "bad stuff" the first time! So they stitches came out, tape went on, and I have to wait 10 days. Great news!!

Q: What are you going to do with your extra hour on Sunday?! 


Q: What were you for Halloween? Did you dress up? I did not -yessss - I'm just not a fan of dressing up!


Q: Any fun Thanksgiving plans?

No comments: