Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fish Tacos; Back on the HRM Again; Beckett Gardens

I don't start a lot of sentences this way, but we had such a great Monday! Despite the overcast dreariness, and later summer showers, me and Beckett managed to get out to the grocery store which marked her first time riding in her car seat in the buggy! (normally I push her stroller and wear bags to carry the groceries - thanks to Amazon Subscribe & Save this is possible!)

Later, we headed over to the gym and I did some sweaty, incline walking whilst watching Something's Gotta Give for the 40th time on Netflix.
This was my first day back on the HRM (after buying batteries for both the watch and the chest strap as everything had died in the years I hadn't worn it!). I must say my workouts just feel better when I have it on. I feel like I watch it and push myself more, and I love the tangible nature of seeing the numbers and trusting them more than what the treadmill says. Anyway - great workout! And Beckett did great in the infant room - I love going in to get her and seeing her happy, being held, staring at new faces and other kiddos.

Then, we came home and Beckett went down for her power nap while I made a new recipe - Sweet Chili Fish Tacos.
They were honestly awesome. Recipe is here! 

After dinner, Beckett got up at 6 (yes, we eat dinner at 5:45 p.m. LOL) and her and Austin headed out to the garden to pick some tomatoes - so sweet!


Then it was chill family time before Beckett's 6:30 p.m. bath and bottle and fast asleep at 7:30 p.m.! Pretty great Monday with our sweet little girl!

Q: What was the highlight of your Monday?!

Q: Do you wear an HRM?

No comments: