Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Day 3: Mind Full or Mindful?

Here we go, Day 3!

My Number today: Down a half pound.

What I ate: Breakfast was a taco - 1 egg, 2 slices avocado, sausage + 1 small/fajita size tortilla + grapes; snack was a luna bar; lunch was 1 spicy tuna + avocado quinoa sushi roll; dinner was spaghetti made with no-salt tomato sauce/tomatoes & lean beef with 1/4 cup pasta; and of course, the apparently obligatory girl scout cookies - 4 thin mints - yikes!

Fitness/Steps: Today ended up being an off day! My MIL was in town so I skipped the gym; instead we took B to to the grocery store; ballet/tap class; to get a haircut; and out to lunch at Whole Foods (where I got that yummy sushi roll above at!). Even though I didn't take a class or anything, I did take a walk with B and stayed outside/active when possible! I ended up at 10,180 steps and 1,997 calories burned.

Organizing Update: In addition to the Master To-Do List I talked about Monday, and Jess Lively's podcasts I'm addicted to, I have been finding a lot of inspiration in this quote:
From Beproductive IG stream
I don't know about you, but I find myself "Mind Full" a lot more frequently than mindful, and that's something I'm working on. Have you heard of Headspace? It's a pretty cool app focused on mindfulness. I've just started using it but really like it so far!

Q: How do you feel about mindfulness and its growing popularity? Too 'new age' or do you believe it promotes physical, mental and emotional health? 

No comments: